[APP][Pro] Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot app

Actually a PtP is just not a reboot but a reboot for at least 11 minutes.
So give it a try and pull the plug for 11 minutes.

Was done, I even forgot it, so he was out even 20 minutes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Herewith the diagnostic code: 668d59fe-c168-4434-8065-ea2ab761e21a

You need to fill in every part

This worked!! How silly I did not try that before. Guess I’m only interested in watering it… Thanks man!!!

I once stood in your shoes

Removed the battery for an hour, replaced the battery removed the device, added it to xiaomi flora app (to see if there was an update, removed it from xiaomi flor app, added it to homey and it still had the same issues.

In de xiaomi app it displays the correct values.

My flora sensor is now submerged in water so it should read 100% but it stays at 7% now

Homey:

Removed and added to flower care in water:

Added to flower care out of the water:

Re-added to homey:

It seems to got some data buffer? It holds on to the last values. Should I remove the flora app on homey and readd all the devices?

There is a difference in the the real-time data (app) and snapshot data (homey). Can that explain the behaviour? Or is the difference to high? You only have one sensor with that behaviour?

The real-time data was not working on the BLE implementation from Homey the time I made the app.
I can try if I can get this working on the latest 5.0 code.

I have no clue what causes it. In the flower care app everything works fine. But in de homey app it stays at 6 to 8%. I’ve 3 other sensors that work fine

Im running 5.0

And the sensor is seem to updated recently. Is that is so the data BLE characteristics gives that result. I don’t know if you can parse that one from the mi flora app.

I’ll check if I can extract the live data from the sensor. That is the data that is shown in the mi flora app itself.

I’m also getting an empty batterij warning. This was already the case but the others display the batterylife just fine

And if you replace the battery you get the same results from the moisture sensor?

Yes replaced it three times

It seems the values in Homey won’t update at all.
I’ve linked my Flora sensor to the app first, updated the firmware, closed connection, added it to Homey (success), but now I still get the values the plant had two days ago.
Tried a PTP (15 min). Am I missing something or is this a faulty sensor?

And with closed connection you mean you removed it from the app?

No, switched of Bluetooth on my mobile device. Should I remove it from the app?

With BLE turned off it should be enough. It is important to have only one connection going to it. You could try removing it. And maybe give it some time to update the sensor values. Don’t know how long you have waited, but the timeout by default is set pretty high.

Ok, to make things clear for me: “Only one connection”, is that ‘always’, or only during pairing?
I’ve shut off BLE during pairing and after some time I just put BLE on again. Maybe that’s causing the issue?
So it’s either the MiFlora app or data in Homey?

correct sir

1 Like

Allright, let me try removing the sensor in the MiPlant app and see what happens.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Success:

Thnx again!

2 Likes