The app works by detecting closed TCP ports of smartphones on your Wi-Fi network. This will work without installing the Homey app, and will allow you to detect guests as well.
Link to the source.
For adding a device, please follow these steps:
- Check the IP address of the smartphone. This can be done from the admin UI of the Wi-Fi router.
- Make a static reservation for the IP address. Also done from the admin UI of the Wi-Fi router.
- Add the device by entering a name, and the IP address of the smartphone. Check the ‘Is guest’ - checkbox for guests.
- A household member arrived / left
- A specific user arrived / left
- A guest arrived / left
- Someone arrived / left
- The first household member arrived
- The first guest arrived
- The first person arrived
- The last household member left
- The last guest left
- The last person left
- Household members home / No household members home
- Having guests / Not having guests
- Someone is home / Nobody is home
- A specific user is home / away
- The original ‘Smart Presence’ app created by Terry Hendrix.
Please report issues at the issues section on Github.
If you like the app, you can donate here.
- Fixed missing capability
- Added token for user entered / user left triggers
- Fixed issue with adding devices
- New version compatible with Homey firmware 5.x
- Device tile will now grey out when an user is not home and vice versa