[APP] Yeelights LAN [needs other developer]

This is rather off topic, but seems to be related rather to Transitions itself, you need at least 2 flows…

Trans running Shared Flow | Homey
Up Shared Flow | Homey
Down Shared Flow | Homey

Or review Transitions — Flexible time transitions - #110 by vArjan

Anyway, thanks for bringing this up, I didn’t know there is such app AND - actually nobody suggested it when I asked about gradual dimming - [APP] Yeelights LAN [needs other developer] - #254 by Sharkys

Hi @Sharky, this happens also without the transition in the flow:

Or maybe I don’t understand the function correctly?
Shouldn’t it gradually dim during the time-frame set in the flow?

I don’t have this card but similar to yours, this one works.
obrazek
I’m not sure if Phuturist will be so nice and comment but maybe you can try also cloud variant of Yeelights (search on store),but this would be possible with Transition app only. Anyway, during my tests, Cloud got disconnected, so I’m really happy I still have LAN/local control.

I tested the card and it works fine on my lamp. You could check if it works with the custom command card using the following command.

{"id":1,"method":"set_bright","params":[10, "smooth", 7000]}

This sets it to 10% brightness in 7 seconds.

1 Like

Could you solve your problem? Since a few weeks I face the same problem. I cannot readd two lights. I can control them fine with the yeelight and Lan is enabled.

It solved, but I didn’t solve it. Just started working again… Wish I knew why

No change using the command, or a different yeelight lamp. It still dims immediately to the desired level, ignoring the set timeframe

This is the generic command that the Yeelight API uses for gradual dimming. No idea why your lights do not respond to it. My light does. Is the firmware of the lights up to date. And what type of lights are we talking about?.

It’s different ceiling lights (models 1, 4 and 10), all on the latest firmware :thinking:

If you have any technical knowledge you could try and find out a command that works for you.

I will take a look, thank you!

Hey guys, I have serious problems with Yeelights. In the main room there are 3 diff. groups with 3-6 GU10 bulbs. They are grouped via GROUP app. However after el. cutoff (router, lights everything) total mess started. The groups lost their control and turn on also some lights from other group. I figured out that some lights are messed up and turn on other lights and consequently the whole groups. In Yeelight app all works fine. I suspect router passing different IP adresses to some of the lights and the hell started. Any thoughts/experiences? thank you, appreciate help. PS: do not advise to throw away all wifi lights and replace by Zigbee. This is a project for a colleague and I warned to have wifi lights in the project :frowning:

Having the same issue now too, 5 lights are not working but work from Yeelight and Xiaomi app, but not homey. Have restarted the Yeelight homey app, rebooted homey, doesn’t work. The only workaround seems to be to delete the device and add it again, but that’s a lot of work.

@Phuturist do you know any other workarounds? Or can this be resolved in any way?

UPDATE: Resolved it by switching 1 access point off, so the devices switch to the other and turned it on again, so they would switch back. The AP wasn’t the issue, it was working. Very strange, but might help someone struggling with the same issues

The log you send was indicating Homey could not reach your Yeelights. Appearantly something is blocking UDP socket traffic between Homey and the Yeelights.

Yeah i thought that would be in the logs, but it’s very strange that my other Yeelights were working fine (on the same access point) and all (also the ones that didn’t work from homey) worked through the Yeelight and Xiaomi app, so that should rule out the AP…big question would then be, whats wrong with Homey :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for the quick reply

Hi @Phuturist, I hope you are still around also for Yeelights… this integration was working great so far bud suddenly this is happening :

obrazek

What is strange, I can control lights via official app without problem, I can turn on/off lights via Homey as well change intensity (sometimes also not…)…but changing color/HUE happens not at all or with huge delay…flows gives network error. I don’t recall that there has been any firmware change or anything like that.

Diag 3e1ed2df-f22e-494d-8f16-b83715342d0a

Yes, I know there is Cloud version but as I still have opened LAN ports, I would much prefer to sort this out…

Thank you.

Oh, I see you published new version 3 days ago…it actually started around this period.

No changes have been made in this part of the code. The log you send me is full of these errors and not other errors.

[log] 2023-03-21 14:32:41 [ManagerDrivers] [Driver:yeelight] [Device:1461b1ca-0a88-47e7-b7b7-910bbcd2c8f6] Yeelight - trying to reconnect in 60 seconds.
[log] 2023-03-21 14:33:44 [ManagerDrivers] [Driver:yeelight] [Device:1461b1ca-0a88-47e7-b7b7-910bbcd2c8f6] Yeelight - socket error: Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 10.0.0.191:55443

Homey says it cant reach your Yeelight(s). I see these networking issues on other apps as well without good explanation. It seems to be caused by an unstable network stack in Homey. Have you already tried just rebooting Homey?

1 Like

Today only 5x times due to the Cloud backup problems :slight_smile: (had always to full download firmware and then I can do the cloud backups for next few hours) …the network is fine, everything else works, also from Homey itself…I will see via CLI if I see anything more or will try older version…thank you

I was thinking how the changes made could cause this behaviour. The changes I made where to solve some crashes where users or the device itself returned an invalid value for a capability (for instance set brightness to -0.15 which is not a valid value). I’m clamping these values to the valid range. Theoretically this could effect some flows. And the connection issues could be cause by a flow sending a command to the device often resulting in flooding it. So, my question. Do you have flows that might trigger to often, for instance if a condition is now validating differently due to the changes made?

1 Like

Not really, just simple condition - turned on, adjust per circadian lighting etc.
BUT, it seems that after I start playing with lights, like dimming up-down via Homey Yeelight LAN app, it stop responding very soon. Unfortunately I don’t see any error in the console itself, just TIMEOUTS in the Homey app itself.
However, I can confirm that when I installed 3.0.15 (previous) it’s working just fine, regardless of how fast I’m sending changes…