Can we have a real Homey Pro please

You would be suprised! How unusual is it to upgrade products? Upgraded products creates new markets and buyers! Come on, who is ignorant? Still driving around in a Honda Accord?

Upgrading is certainly not unusual, but is something different then a redesign with other ports, other hardware etc. As you might have read somewhere, Athom is not a very big company…

And nope. I drive a 1995 Coupé Fiat, is that close enough?

Homey is end consumer product aiming for mass adoption. Hw, sw/ui is build a way, that non tech people can manage it and be able to build quite a serious home automation. And yes, it looks different than rest of the hubs.
Specs required here would be not needed, if inside hw components worked like it suppised to. Wifi drops/disconnections, weak internal antenas, unusable IR is something that we pay for no reason.
Currently playing with Hubitat C7 for less than 1/3 of the price of Homey. Lan port, very small factor, zwave7 chip and fully local operation. But UI and way how to work with devices and rules is way more tech oriented and requires some learning curve. So far Im very happy with C7, but I do like Homey model and believe its for new home automation users more suitable.

1 Like

Why would you want an energy consuming hexacore multiprocessor with 64GB RAM memory that needs fan cooling to just do “if it’s 7:00 THEN start coffee machine”?

5 Likes

And they finally delivered, almost on all points. I wish ethernet was built in and power was normal DC, not usb C (to use a DC ups as for alarms) but that can be managed with a 24v to usb C Device. Thanks homey!

1 Like

But no audio… Ethernet, but no audio (out)…
And the new version looks like a hokey puck… The globe is way cooler looking :slight_smile:

4 Likes