In several older posts I read the zigbee channel can not be changed. It seems that in the 5.0 Beta FW this has changed (not sure if thi swas also in 4.2 because I am new to Homey and started with the 5.0 RC). I have about 35 devices linked, about half of which powered/router so plenty of coverage.
I also found the reference to this page:
On the Developers page - Tools - Zigbee there is a dropdown where you can change the channel. In my case it’s currently set to 16, which is in the middle of crowded wifi 2.4Ghz channels around our house. So I thought I’d change to channel 21, close to wifi channel 9-10, which seems relatively quiet. It displays a message that some sensors might not automatically reconnect, and when I choose to continus I unfortunately get a bunch of Network errors, and the channel stays at 16.
- How does Homey pick this channel?
- I guess it stays fixed forever once it’s set?
- Why does it only go up until Ch 21? Hardware limitation? There seem to be 26 channels defined in the Zigbee standard?
- When I reset Homey and restore a previous backup will it also include the Zigbee channel (I assume it does, just asking)?
- Has anyone ever succeeded in changing the channel without starting from scratch?
BTW: Pressing the reset button on Aqara sensors once seems to work fine to reconnect, or start a re-pair if that does not work.
[Update] Opened a support ticket with Athom.
[Update] They found a possible issue and are investigating.