Chromecast issues after last update.. (beta)

Same here…
Have to restart the app again and again.
Have you made a support request at Athom too?

I have 4 types of chromecast receivers:

• chromecast audio dongle,
  • chromecast video dongle,
  • Google nest mini
  • Marshall mulitroom speaker with chromecast build-in.
    All these devices are present in homey with a stable connection. (ok, once and while a red triangle :wink: )

The Marshalls are the ones we use to listen music/radio… and also the ones where I cannot send a succesful command to start playing internet radio, nor start a tune-in station, nor play file from url (those are the three options we have in the chromecast plugin on homey)

When I try to send the above commands to a mini-nest: works like a charm
When I try to send the above command to a chromecast audio dongle, works like a charm

When I ask my Google nest to listen to the radio on the Marshall speaker, it does that fine by using tune-in.
When I stream audio via chromecast on my pc or my android, the Marshall speaker works fine.
It just does not when I initiate the request from a homey flow :frowning: :sob:

Any ideas? Athom???

PS: casting a plex playlist to the Marshalls works great too! But I want radio :confused:

So I learned the Marshall multiroom speaker have a cast firmware version 1.28.x
My Google devices have cast firmware 1.42.x and 1.50.x version. I guess that is the problem.
Google search learned me that Marshall received many request to update without succes. So no casting from homey for me :frowning:

I’m also having a strange issue: when play radio using TuneIn on my Google Home Mini the tags are a bit weird: contains the last played song and contains the current one. This makes checking the played radio station very difficult.
The information is available on the device since the Google Home app does show the station name.

I have same issue, chrome cast ends with red triangles at random times. Only solution is a restart of the app.

You found any solution? This is really annoying, and makes people in my home not trusting any automation.

I see that when i kill the WiFi here. U sure the WiFi is ok?

Can be the chromecast switches between 2.4GHz and 5GHz? Older Chromecasts do not work properly with 5GHz. I’ve created a 2.4GHz only SSID for those (on which my Homey connects as well).

I will try and put the chrome cast on the 2g network. However the chrome cast is working with mobile phones, Google home and all other way of communicating with them.
So, I think it is the homey app not following normal network standards, or I would see the problem a lot.
Well, no problem, I can easily move the chrome cast to 2g. On a business trip, so will be in a weeks time.

I have the same problems in 2022, is there a fix? If I restart the Google chromecast app on homey the problem is fixed

Still no fix. I have a flow to restart Chromecast every night and even that is not perfect

Please contact Athom support, I did already last year - and they did not provide solution.
I’m also restarting Chrome apps when device become unavailable (based on Flow Checker app)

1 Like

Still an issue today.

Any news on this?

Have you tried to contact Athom?

Yes, reply time is 2 - 3 weeks.

1 Like

We need to keep trying…I still believe they are not throwing our complains away :wink:

1 Like

Got issue with my Google speakers. Does this app only support Chromecast dongle and not other google cast product?