[APP][Pro] Daikin AI

Yes, I think that would be a good idea. This is also the case with the original Daikin app.

Version 4.0.5 is now available on test.

Existing special mode users that upgrade from version 3.x.x to version 4.0.1 and up will now see a warning message that they should complete the upgrade procedure…

When this message is shown go to the maintenance menu and perform the RePairing procedure.

After completion of the RePairing procedure stop/start (Restart App) Daikin AI to clear the warning message.

Version 4.0.4 adds improved error handling, as adding an unsupported airco unit in previous version could cause the app to crash.

Hi,

I have the following issue: the ‘ontvochtigen’ mode cannot be triggered. The app is working smoothly and other modes, like cooling, work just fine.The flows are correct since message cards are triggered.
Model FTXM25N2V1.
Any idea on what’s going wrong?

regards,

Andy

Try version 4 and report again. Add a 5 sec delay to the ‘then’ part.

This simple flow does work in version 4.0.4.

Announcement the release of version 4.0.5 to the App Store (stable) is expected within the next 2 weeks.

2 Likes

I didn’t report back due to the simple fact I don’t know how to install bèta versions ;-). I’ll wait for the stable update!

click my post from august 20th ;-), or just add /test to the url used to install a stable version it is that simple…

Announcement: version 4.0.5 is available in the Homey App Store (stable).

Please note:
1/ no backwards compatibility with old style drivers called Emura, Comfora etc.
2/ new UI for special modes and also added condition and action flow cards for special modes.
3/ those who are using special modes already should after upgrading to version 4 perform a “maintenance action”.

1 Like

Sorry if this has been asked before, but it’s a lot of text to read through.

Airco’s have just been installed and I wanted to add them to Homey.
I connected them all with the Daikin App and they appear in the app.

I was able to connect 1 unit to Homey, but every other unit I try won’t add to Homey.
I fill in the IP address, name and options, tap on add it states that it is saving the settings. It goes back to my device list in Homey, but nothing has been added.

Both Homey and airco wifi adapter have been restarted.

Daikin AI is v4.0.5 and wifi adapters are BRP069B41 with latest firmware.

What type of airco’s (model name) are you adding? Are you using a mesh wifi network? Read the ‘user manual’ in the app store for clues.

Sorry about this, but I was using the wrong IP range (different vlan for IoT devices), Once I used the correct IP they all connected.
So everything is working. Thank you for the app :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this app V5 ready ? It seems to see and ‘open’ my airco, but does not start cooling/heating…

I cannot tell… as developer of this app I am on firmware 4 till firmware 5 is stable AND the apps that are crucial to me are running smooth on firmware 5.

1 Like

Hi all - I’m pretty new to homey and the forums. I’ve had the Daikin AI app working perfectly well with my HomePod and voice commands. But it’s seem to completely stop working now. The homey app still controls the aircon just fine, it’s just the voice control for siri. I’ve tried repairing via the notes in the maintenance section. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Ian

Maintenance menu is only available for the driver that does NOT support Siri… my guess is that you have the wrong driver installed right now.

Hi Peter

Thanks for the response.

I’ve changed the driver and still get no luck with voice control. It’s also the for Alexa too. The voice control both used to work up until very recently. There’s no change in the devices or home network. They just stopped responding. I’ve reinstalled the app on homey, reinstalled the devices on HomeKit and Alexa app, and I’ve also tried restarting the hubs too

Any more ideas?

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Nop, sorry. I hope fellow users do have suggestions.

FYI - I installed the Homekit driver myself to test, I can control my airco using Siri.
I am using Homey firmware version 4.2.0.

Thanks Peter. No still no luck at this end. Alexa and Siri can both ‘see’ the aircon units, and homey app controls them fine. Just neither Alexa nor Siri (no Apple home app) are able to action any requests.

Anyone else have ideas - I’d be so grateful. Nothing has changed at this end in terms of setup.