DELETED - OLD/ARCHIVED [APP] Homewizard Energy (stable: v0.1.7 beta: v0.1.7)

Hallo @Jeroen_Tebbens ,
Kan deze jongen gecombineerd worden met jouw app?

Is wel de bedoeling maar volgens mij is de API nog niet beschikbaar dus kan ik er niets mee nog.

1 Like

Jeroen, thank you for the great app! Just made a small donation.

There was already a discussion here about the ‘real-time’ gas consumption, but still I would like to add my 50 cents. It would be just great to have one more tile added depicting something like “Gas usage last hour”, which is the difference between current and a previously reported “total_gas_m3” in case of 1 hour reporting.
The reason is that then it would be possible to track it in Homey’s ‘Insights’ (even with 1h resolution) and plot together with smart thermostats values to optimize gas consumption.

Please let me know what you think about this.

Thanks!

Thank you that is very kind of you and very much appreciated. The functionality you seek is already available with this app.

When installed you can add the HomeWizard Energy gas meter based on that and it will give you the hourly value there.

I’m also running app v0.1.6
When providing the dongle’s IP adress (192.168.4.2) the app does nothing… I can’t save or continue the process, I don’t see errors appearing…

I’m using the correct IP address, right? The one of the wifi P1meterSetup? Everything works fine in the android Homewizard Energy app. (Software 2.11)

Are homey and the energy dongle on the same wifi?
If not are you sure port 80 is allowed (firewall) from homey to dongle?

Yes, both on the same wifi.
With mobile I can only connect to dongle network if it is in pairing mode (blue light) though… Should dongle be in pairing mode when trying to connect to homey?

No, dongle must be green (connected mode).

Try to test:

http://192.168.4.2/api/v1/data

It should show data of the dongle.

Doesn’t connect. Connection times out :frowning:
I suppose I have wrong IP perhaps? Any way I can figure out the appropriate IP?

Sounds like it. Check your wifi router dhcp client list.

Hm, geen van de mogelijke IPs die ik daar vind lijken te werken, noch in de app noch via http:///api/v1/data in browser. Op een bepaald moment kreeg ik wel de rode error in de app te zien die zei dat ofwel ip fout is, of dongle niet juiste firmware heeft (laatste zou v2.11 moeten zijn, toch als dit hetzelfde is als wat naast ‘software’ staat in de Homewizard android app)

Zou er misschien toch nog ergens een firewall tussen kunnen zitten ofzo? Ik gebruik een standaard Telenet modem/router, misschien helpt dat?

Sorry cant help then. Impossible for me to understand your network or wifi settings. The app requires an ip which the dongle listens. Without it it will not work. Try to get a network scanner and search for a name “espressif” which seems to be a wifi hardware brand used.

1 Like

Ah, great! That actually did the trick! I was apparently looking at the IP of the kWh meter (for my solar panels) and another unknown device (name in the dhcp list was just *)

So in short, I managed to connect after looking up my dhcp client list (for telenet users this is easily found under ‘mijn telenet - geavanceerde instellingen’) and then look for the client named ‘espressif’. Putting that ip in the app worked like a charm.
Many thanks to @Jeroen_Tebbens for helping me along!

Hello @Jeroen_Tebbens,
I am totally new here but i am looking to buy a Homey and the p1.

Now as you probably know in Belgium they changed the return power to the net 1:1 last week…

So i was wondering if it is possible to make homey switch on consumers when the value “consumption” is going in negative? (So when we have more input from the solar panels then we have consumption)

Thanks,
(Not sure about forum hospitality here so i use English ISO Dutch)

Yes it does (see image). Sun is shining and the energie goes negative and thus delivering back to the net.

Great,
But can we use this to switch a smart plug ? ( lets say to put on a boiler and heat water)

Yes

1 Like

this is great!

Hello Jeroen, i am using the app now! it works great i was abble to add the flow to switch on a heater when the energy is smaller then0 . (nog niet kunnen testen wegens geen zon in Belgie XD) I do not fully understand al the info that is on the board, the picture you post has a different layout, can this layout be changed?

Edit: i think i see that you got another (test)/version. :slight_smile: currently installing that one!

Which picture do you refer to? Some users don’t have a solarpanel or deliver back to the grid. Also some have 3 phase powerline and hence it will show the meters on the device dashboard. Sadly, no you cant change the order of these meters there.