In several rooms I installed Philips Hue spots (bathroom: 6, bedroom: 9 and dining room: 10). In the wall switch I installed a Gira double momentary switch (Gira pulsdrukker 2v). This switch is connected to a Fibaro Dimmer 2. When clicking on one of the two switch buttons, a Homey flow is triggered turning the lights on if the lights are off.
The result is very inconsistent/unstable:
- most of the times some/all lights go on and immediately some/all lights go off;
- sometimes all lights go on;
- sometimes some lights go on;
- sometimes nothing happens.
All problems happen in all rooms (i.e. different spots, dimmers and flows). Also the reverse flow (for turning lights off) have the same kind of result.
Some tests I performed to pinpoint the problem:
- Testing the flow by using the homey app always gives a perfect result. This gives me the impression that nothing is going wrong in the communication between Homey, Hue Bridge and Hue spots.
- Using the Dimmer 2 on/off card instead of using the dimmer switch signal will always give a perfect result. This give me the impression that the communication between between Homey and my Fibaro Dimmers is ok.
Based on above tests I have the feeling something goes wrong in which messages are sent from the dimmers towards Homey. E.g. it feels like it sends two messages (i.e. 1st message results in ‘go on’ and 2nd message results in ‘go off’) while I only click once. By the way it does not matter if I click very short or hold it a little bit longer.
Does anyone know what is going wrong and what the solution would be?