Homey Community Forum

Gledopto controller GL-C-009

I tried to pair the Gledopto GL-c-009 in the app on the homey. It doesn’t recognize the device and add not as an unknown device. I can switch it on and off, but it isn’t dimmable.
Is the re a possibility within any Homey app to use this device?

As you can see in the app store, this device isn’t supported by the Gledopto app v1.1.4.
With the Gledepto test v2.0.3 the controller is supported, but therefore you need Homey FW v5.x.
The Homey FW v5.x has still beta status. If you want to update the Homey FW to v5.x I strongly recommend to inform yourself first! Because the current FW is still buggy.

Thanks for your quick answer.
Is it known how log the beta status will last?
Is there a place where I can find which area’s in Homey V5 are buggy.
I don’t have a very complicates environment. Just starting with klikaanuit and Fibaro devices. This Gledopto is my first Zigbee based device.

No. At least Athom knows, but they don’t give a official date.

Not really. There are several threads, e.g. this one, and also in different languages. Problems may occur with one user, but not with others. Some problems are also only in combination with some apps, mostly apps for Zigbee devices. The main reason for the v5.x firmware is the rewrite of Zigbee.

The Fibaro app runs stable for me. I can’t say anything about Klikanklikout and Gelepo.

Homey runs stable for me in the meantime. In between, however, I had massive memory problems.

Thank you for your help sofar. I don’t have many devices connected yet , or complex flows. I have made a connection to apple-homekit and want to find out if that is an option for central control.
In the mean time I will replace the GL-C-009 by a controller with RF, so I can switch the leds via klikaanklikuit and (if necessary) dim them with the RF.