Google Nest SDM

be careful, it sees a car :wink:

EDIT: Installed it using the Community appstoreā€¦

But I cannot get it to workand I think I followed the guide completely right. 2 timesā€¦

After the last step where I can login to my nest account, I try to to add my nest thermostat.

During the wizzard, I see really quick a screen ā€œlogin to nest accountā€ and than a screen: ā€œSelect the devices you want to addā€, but nothing shows up. The list is empty. Than it says ā€œno devices where foundā€ and after searching again it says ā€œTimed out after 30000ms.ā€

Under logs I enabled ā€œenable oauth2 debug infoā€ but there is nothing to see thereā€¦ Iā€™m using a Nest V3.

Also, it looks like Iā€™m getting logged out from time to time, and I need to login again.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT 2:

I finally could login in the wizzard itself, and after waiting a lot of time, the thermostat finally showed up!! Nice!!

Thanks a lot.

EDIT 3: When the Nest is in eco mode, and I want to change the temperature in a flow. Do I first have to change the HAVC status to auto? Or will the temperature change overules the HAVC modeā€¦

Hi Marcl, sorry i missed your message to the board.

@1 and 2, Sometimes Google Cloud functions takes up time. DonĀ“t know if you still have a piece of the log around that time.

@3, just change the temperature in the flow, it should change the thermostat mode to auto for you. So it indeed overrules the thermostat mode. HVAC is not setable, it is just something i report when it is changed by Nest.

1 Like

Itā€™s working fine now! Thanks!

Super duper :slight_smile: Love this plugin!
Any news on Protect support? :slight_smile: Thx!

I keep monitoring the development pages for this, no support yet :frowning:

Ok cool thanks, then i just wonder how these guys did it?

They are combining old and new. Only want to do that as a last resort.

Love this app. Great job.

One question. Is it possible to play a google cloud url assistant speech on nest hello. So i can let nest hello speak a message when Iā€™m not at home for example a delivery guy? I could do this with the ā€œgoogle serviceā€ app from homey. This would be perfect with a already great app.

1 Like

Unfortunately not a function in the current API.

To bad. I hope that one day google will implement it. Still love this app.

@Pieter_Pessers The nest hello already has prebuilt responses and you can talk through the app. Not sure why you need it? Or you want it to be automatic? Which could be a security risk, anyone can ring the door and it will say nobody is home? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thatā€™s true that it has prebuild responses, but i would like my own response that could say that iā€™m not home to friends that is seen with homeyā€™s life360 app when iā€™m not at home or to the delivery guy when iā€™m not at home. Like for instance to leave the package at the neighbour.

I have a Google Nest IQ Outdoor.
I see the 3 alarms are triggered:

But the screenshots for those alarms (Last Motion, Last Person and Last Sound) are never updated?

Are you getting any pictures?

Martin Verbeek

I see what is happening. I am trying to limit the amount of requests i need to perform to the cloud to prevent rate limiting. I am now discarding events that happens within a second after a first one takes place. will need to change some of that code to make it work better.

Thanks for your feedback.

I did have screenshots. But they were a few days old.

Today I tried restarting the app and now have some recent screenshots.
But not up to date with the ā€œfew minutes agoā€-alarm-trigger.
I think they are only updated once after restarting the app.

Hey Martin, de app draait nog altijd prima he, al nagedacht om em te submitten bij de homey app store? :slight_smile:

Hoi Michiel, eerlijk gezegd niet echt aan toegekomen, buiten lonkt :grin:

Martin Verbeek

Hello,first thanks for this great app!
Little problem:i have a doorbell Nest Hello who works perfectly with your app(motion sensor,screenshots),i also have two Nest max but since few days motion sensor doesnā€™t works on them and the image are 4-5 days oldā€¦
I try to restart the app,remove the devices and logout and re-login,always same problem:doorbell works but cameras Nest max doesnā€™t.ThanksšŸ˜‰

1 Like