Homey Community Forum

Heiman zigbee smoke sensor

Hello.

I purchased a Heiman zigbee smoke sensor. Is it supported in Homey because I can just find a z-wave version. Can I make it work?

Thank you for your help.

Gabriel

Homey only supports the Zwave function. But you can connect the Conbee 2 stick to a Rasperry Pi and install the Phoscon software (there are ready-made images for the Raspi). The Heiman is recognized on the Conbee Stick and can then be imported into Homey.

Gabriel, with the Trust Smart Home app (v1.3.2) you can connect the Heiman Zigbee smoke sensor and also the CO-sensor. No need for the Conbee2 anymore, I am selling mine :-).

I just added but is recogbized like a basic zigbee device. Any idea why?

Thank you

Did you first install the Trust Smart Home app on your Homey? Then when adding a device, choose the Trust app and choose the smoke sensor, choose install and add the sensor.

yes Im choose a smoke detector from the trust app thats why is strange. Im also uninstalled an installed again the app and also restarted homey same effect.

Ok. Is the battery in the sensor ok, can you try a new battery? And dit you try to reset the Heiman:

• remove battery
  • press and hold pin
  • insert battery while holding pin
  • wait 10 seonds
  • release pin

I try to reset same thing I also had one brand new but same effect alwas recognice it like a basic zigbee device.

Any way thank you for your time and help

I think I will order a z-wave versions.