Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

I have not seen such reports, seems this is particular to your system.
It’s pretty hard to troubleshoot your problem from a distance without much information.

Hi @DaneedeKruyff,

Ik have made a test flow with the “this flow is started” And just the card u show to remove the device from the full serviance mode but nothing happen on the timeline. The sensor keeps giving me an alarm when te vacuumcleaner coming in the kitchen.

Just a question, you did manually start that flow? The This Flow is started card does nothing by itself, I just used that card as an example.

I know, i started the flow manualy with the test button :wink:

Could you do some extra tests with that flow? Different devices, use the add and remove cards, use the cards for the partial mode etc.
Check the Full (and Partial) status on a device on the Settings tab in the Devices tab before and after running the flow. Do remember to close and open the settings page each time. There is no need to change the Surveillance Mode.

This functionality should definitely work, I’ve tested it extensively when writing it.
Unfortunately I removed the extensive logging from these functions a while ago because I haven’t seen any reports of these functions not functioning.
Do you know how to install an app from the CLI? If so I can make a version that does extensive logging so we can try to see why it’s not working for you?

Thank you verry much for your reply.

For now i am verry bussy but next week i have a lot of time to play with it. Install things with CLI is no problem for me.

Next week i let you no, when i heave don some more tests, if dit someting wrong or it is just not working for me.

Wish you a good weekened, don’t forget to drink some beers when it is verry warm outside :beers:

Hi @DaneedeKruyff,

Small feature request, is it possible to add a option to use a tag, flow option for the voice commands, so that we can use the voice commands in other flows?
The idea is to use for instance the TTS app from Dennie de Groot to send the voice commands to other speakers and not only the internal Homey speaker

Thanks in advance!

I have don a quick test… On the setting page the sensor turn on and off with my test flows… I’m afraid the fault is on my side and not in the app .

When i have some more time i gonne check my flows . :crazy_face:

Hi @Danny_Mertens, I do something similar, but for all speech by Homey, not just Heimdall. There is a native ‘when’ card “Homey said something” under “Speech” and a tag “text”, which contains the spoken text. This you can use to TTS to any other speaker.

2 Likes

Ok I was completely not aware about this, thanks going to look in to this!

Thanks for chipping in @molensky that should do the trick and is a better general solution than me building this into Heimdall.

No problem, just let me know if you get it working or need some assistance.

Hi @DaneedeKruyff, @molensky,

What I have done, I created a flow where i put the voice output to a variable, nice find @molensky I see possibilities here, but I’m not able to get it working for Heimdall yet

I see the variable nicely updating with the voice values even the countdown

The problem I have now is sending this to a Google mini for instance, if I do this only the last text, or not even that is said, so to get message for about what windows, doors are open, or the countdown… this does not seem to work

Also without using a variable for this does not work

I think going with the tags is still the best option, so for instance when windows, doos are open put that to a tag so we can read this, surveillance mode in another tag and so on…
The problem is still the countdown then, I even tried to create a flow where I do this manual but also that does not seem to work very reliable to be honest, anyone an idea how we can do this?

Off course can also be something stupid from my side, did you use this for Heimdall @molensky, if so please can you share your flows?

Thanks!

both outputs work fine with me.

Hi @Danny_Mertens, Was het inmiddels al gelukt met de aanvullende informatie van @JPe4619 en @molensky?

Does anybody hear the same as I do? When I check for open zones before arm the alarm, Homey will mention this. When Homey has to say ‘open’, it is pronounced as ‘joppen’ (in Dutch). Could it be that there is a typo in the app?

Do you use Heimdalls built-in Let Homey tell you when (Laat Homey het je vertellen als) functionality for that or did you make your own flows for it?
I’ve checked the texts that the built-in function uses, there’s no typo in them. If you make your own flows, please check them.

You can also make a flow like this to see in the timeline what Homey said:

When using the built-in function the text should read: Waarschuwing, sensor [naam] is geopend

Yes, that is correct. I make use of the built-in function.
But thanks for sharing this information on how to make visible what Homey said.

I need to put an extra space between the word 'is" and the status label. In my flow there is a space but using speech to text it looks like: isGeopend.
When I put 2 spaces between the is and status then it is ok. (is Geopend).

No idea why this is put together but more important, it works fine now. :ok_hand:t2:

Hi @DaneedeKruyff my apologies for the late reply, could not in-depth test before, but no for me it really does not work.
I only hear parts of the message on my Nest mini, hub and the countdown is completely messed up to be honest.

So maybe I’m doing something wrong, or it’s my infrastructure, would be strange to be honest because I have a complete flawless working Unify network and no issues at all with other things, but you never know off course but for me there is just to much delay to use this reliable

I use the option now for other things like update values in a variable for instance, works great for this, thanks for this @molensky but for Heimdall it’s not directly an option for me I’m afraid.

Thanks!