Homey 2.0.0 Experimental discussion [EN]

RC7
New Flow.
Android App is crash.

yes like that

met vriendelijke groet,

Richard Vermeulen

Ok so here are my two cents.
I have finally updated to beta - rc7 and so far its good. Homey updated fast with no issue. Most of the apps work and just in case I have updated to beta apps.
App is fast and looks much like Apple Home app which is good. I still have strong feelings about desktop app but since I have everything already setup I have no special need for new flows or adding devices. I’m set.

I have enabled experimental Homekit integration and I think all of my devices have shown up in Apple Home app and I can control them from there also.

One thing that I really really miss for now is search function especially in Flows.

1 Like

Search is exactly what I also miss. But when you know which you will ‘modify’ than you see which flow will be triggered in the app menu.

New trigger in flow and app crashes

Fresh start homey does the trick

1 Like

That worked for a while but there are issues again with editing flows and crashing…

I have rebooted my homey multiple times. After a while it started to work but only for a while. Now everything works except for making new or editing flows. I’ll leave it with that for now.

I think Athom did a great job with 2.0.
In the short term almost everything seems to work or will work after an app update or with a new RC update.
Main concern is the non updating app on Android which only refreshes after an app kill and new start. Guess this already is noted as an issue on Github (haven’t checked that).
In the long term I think the flow editor on bigger screens (read desktop/laptop) will become a thing when filling in url/unc paths or complex logic but maybe the flowmey app will be ready by then or Athom will produce something like they did for Insights.
Also the non working version of homeyda.sh (not the app) is a pitty although I’m not a patreon and not using the latest release.
2.0 encouraged me to stick with Homey instead of fully switch to HASS.

I agree

I cannot login to the app currently. Developer tools is working fine.

Anyone else with this problem?

Question regarding the Insights in rc7. Will insights be in the app? Is the web page only temporary sollution?
Is the insights data stored localy as it was or is it uploaded to athom servers?

Has someone managed to invite an user from iPhone an successfully confirm it on an Android phone?

I just get this loop:

(the new app is installed on both devices and Homey is running 2.0 RC7)

Just updated to 2.0 rc7.
Update went smooth.

Only problem is that the link between Alexa and Homey seems to have broken.
All devices are “unresponsive” according to Alexa.
Also shows this in the Alexa app.

Has anyone here had the same problem?
How did you fix this?

By the way the app works well on my wall tablet (android)

Trying to replicate, but works fine here. Can you specify what trigger you tried to add? Maybe it’s related to a specific app.

Same problem here. Android app keeps crashing when I try to add an new action card in an existing flow.

Any specific card or flow? Or all?

Had the same issue. The behavior is just totally unpredicable. After installing RC7 I had to reboot my homey like 4 times to get all apps working, but since I wasn’t at home and was expected to work (since I was in the office) I did not check everything.

When home I tried editing Flows and creating new flows. Constantly the iPhone app crashed.

After 3 or 4 reboots everything works again. First reboot resulted in not being able to see the devices (unexpected error in the devices screen), Second reboot resulted in unresponsive devices. Thrith try resulted in less devices being unresponsive and the last and forth try everything worked including creating and editing flows.

I think it has something to do with the order the apps get started.

I did have the same issue with previous RC’s, only the ‘not being able to edit or create new flows’ is new.

After several reboots it seems to work fine again.:thinking:

Exactly my point, howcome the one reboot is different than the other ?