Homey 2.0.0 Experimental discussion [EN]

And now it starts crashing again after like a few hours…
@SailingDuck is there something i can do to help with this?

Also each reboot initiated from the App ends with a red ring on Homey. Disconnecting the power plug restarts homey “normally”.

Please contact athom if you have issues with your homey, they don’t read allong on this forum, and this issue is most likely not something we as community can fix for you.

So as stated in the firmware.athom.com page, send any issue you have with homey or the app to the athom with the form given on the same page.

the same goes for @AR-J

Search for patterns. Keep an eye on what you have been doing. Might be an app that acts up.
Definitely send a report to athom here: https://support.athom.com/hc/nl/requests/new

I will do that.

I had the same problem, with alexa not working dont connect via the app - its the wrong skill.

Open the alexa app, remove both skills, re-add the new one, that seemed to fix it for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

The new Insights at https://insights.athom.com/ is beautiful!

Sadly, there aren’t any devices listed yet and after a reload it shows “Homey offline”. Still some work to do!

Is anyone else having issues with opening the apps list in the new mobile app? When I go to ‘More’ and select ‘Apps’, I quickly see a dark screen followed by a white, blank screen. When I press ‘back’ the whole app just closes.

Logitech Harmony App is down.

Not only on 2.0.0

Logitech made an security update.

1 Like

Just a note:

Homey v2.0.0-rc.8:

• [Core] Added support for custom capability icons

• [Core] Fixed pincode pair template for non-numeric inputs

• [Core] Added loading pair template

• [Core] Automatically start Device’s insights with the last known value

• [Core] Fixed a bug that created an error when saving pre-v2.0 Flows

• [Apps] Fixed registerCronjob()

• [Apps] Fixed public: true for api endpoints

• [Apps] Fixed ApiApp.isInstalled()

• [Apps] Apps that return an Error with code 401 will now return code 403 to prevent accidental app logout

• Various improvements

1 Like

Tell me more??

In homey v2 custom capabilities didn’t have the ability yet to get an icon, which was already possible in homey v1.
Nothing to do with users being able to change icons

1 Like

Is it already daily driver. I love the new apps looks and tempted to test out… But also scared. Homey beginner. I have been beta tester for a lot of things… Not for my house yet :joy:

Am I missing something or is there indeed no iPad app…?
I installed the new app via TestFlight but it is the iPhone version… so no full screen…

No tablet version for now, sadly…

Has anyone solved this problem?
I have two flows with the same name - and this happened to one of them after the update. I’m on rc8 now, and still can’t delete it.

The flow only shows up under the Ikea app, not in the flow list.

Where can I post a request / suggestion towards Athom?
It would be nice if:

• the order of devices can be changed
  • the size of the tiles can be changed to fit more devices on a screen
2 Likes

Report it @athom

I have not updated to V2.0 yet due to many reasons… However, now that the app homeykit/homekit do not longer work for V2.0 i wonder how the built in functionallity for homekit are working? Is there support to choose which devices that should show up in the home app ? Also, does the bulit in homekit in homey support the same device clases (fans,locks,security,lamps,gargedoor etc) as the old apps (homeykit/homekit) ?