Homey 2.0.0 Experimental discussion [EN]

Hello! Am I only one who experienced location settings error?

iOS latest homey latest software

BUT!
Homey can track my location (came home, left home) even better than in v1.

So, if you haven’t this issue, what should I do!

Herman I’ve got the Xiaomi temp sensor But I can’t see the value on the ‘beginscreen’.

Is there a setting what is missed?

I honestly would not know, since I don’t have that device, sorry

Can’t see temperatures/Humidities on the tile either.

You can’t see values of temperature sensors on the home screen yet, still on the todo list of athom.

For now only on/off and thermostats can show the state on the start screen, the rest not yet.

Do send them an email about it, so they know to put it higher on the todo list.

3 Likes

Hello I have the same xiaomi. I got it right. Developers of xiaomi will need to modify the 2.0. But when ? What about you? No sensors show the status. In time, they will probably adjust. This is a step back. It takes the time and the taste of the developers.

1 Like

Like @Caseda says: it’s on the todo-list of Athom, nothing app-developers can do about it now. I presume the issue is already raised at https://support.athom.com/hc/nl/requests/new but to be sure, you can file a request there…

There have been requests made by developers to get certain functionality, being able to show a value in the top right corner of a device is one of them:

Another one is for developers to be able to override the standard yes/no for a boolean value with a more meaningful text depending on the item (like for example the possibility for open/closed)

Also, an apps settings page can not use the full screen width an height because it’s simply not made available to an app developer

If you want this, try helping the developers convince Athom to add support for it by giving a :+1: on the raised issues at Github (but please don’t start a discussion there!)

3 Likes

I did have a similar issue here, getting that white screen when i go to “Apparaten”
(Devices) in the app. Clearing all data of the app (no only cache!) did resolve that issue for me…

I also have the issue with the apps list and clearing all data did not resolve this.

Netatmo stable and beta are down

Hi all. I installed Homey v2.0.0-rc.9 yesterday without problems. I’m not adjusted to managing my 100+ flow from a little screen , so I updated my old flow viewer page (https://github.com/irritanterik/homey-realtime-logpage). It’s read only for now, but hope to add ‘clone’, ‘rename’, ‘move’ options later on.
Getting the new V2 bearer is a liitle bit harder now, but with some packet sniffing on android i got it working.

4 Likes

Hi, can we see the “ToDo” list? So I can check If I am not asking the same things, another already did…

Kind regards,

Robert

athom wants you to do exactly that, the more they get a certain question, the higher it can get on the todo list.

Thx!

When using “spaces” in text the name or zone off a device or flow, it does not appear on screen. After a letter the space does appear. Problem is on iOS, not on Android.

That is really nice Erik. Managing flows from a tiny screen is indeed also for me not proven to be a total solution.

I am really missing the ‘overview’ this way. I will check out your flow viewer. Really interested to see!

Great, I (unsuccessfully) tried using it a couple of days ago. Good to see it’s back up and running now.
Just have to figure out how to get the token :slightly_smiling_face:

I upgraded from 1.5 to 2.0.0-rc9 just now. Unfortunately the new android app thinks Homey is offline.

I can access Homey through the developer site and perform actions. (E.g. make homey say a few words.) This suggests to me Homey is in fact online. Devices and flows also work normally. The LED ring is OFF. (Basically everything seems fine, except that the new app doesn’t connect.)

Reading this forum I found there were some similar issues with early RC’s, though those also had the developer site fail, which works fine in my case.

Is this a known issue? Or should things be working normally at the moment?

EDIT: turns out the iPhone app works normally (on my iPad). Only the Android app fails.

Did you try force-closing the android-app and restarting it? Works perfectly for me…