Homey 2.0.0 Experimental discussion [EN]

I might be stupid, by I don´t see anything on how to upgrade?

I´ve downloaded the preview app, but when I open it and select my Homey, it says that no updates are available.

Ah, missed that you need to enable experimental firmwares on the developer page. Didn´t see that mentioned anywhere :slight_smile:

No upgrade for me though, don´t want to start from scratch when going back to stable.

Open the new app after selecting experimental and it will auto update. Be warned, its not looking too rosy at this point though

Has anyone created a youtube video with the new experience? Would be fun to see.
(I´m not to happy with this mobile-only mentality)

2 Likes

I have make many reboots to Homey and my router. I can see from my router that Homey is trying connect to connect.athom.com. Homey Developer page says “An unkown error has occured [user_not_found]”. And Android Homey Gen 2.0 app says “Homey is offline. Could not communicate with Homey.”

RC2 firmware update mentioned an resolved issue about user not found.

Homey v2.0.0-rc.2:

• [Core] Fixed a problem with Tags in Flow Cards
  • [Core] Fixed a problem with Homey disconnecting from Athom Cloud
  • [Core] Fixed user_not_found error
  • [Core] Added Flow Cards for Speakers
  • [Core] Various improvements

My Homey has been offline since this morning.
Anyone else having issues?

I know my Homey is connected to my wifi because if I connect to it using an browser it redirects me to Athom’s homepage.

Homey at the office offline as well… Still on the first version.

V2 RC1 you mean?

Exactly. It seems the problem is fixed in rc2 but I can’t connect to update it (and too far away to pull the plug)

Latest experimental update, sadly Homey goes on and off all the time. Now Off 2 hours. No sucess with unplugging…

Mine is also offline on the app. Didtn work with ptp

My video with Homey 2.0
Homey 2.0

8 Likes

I had the same experience.

How am I supposed to update to version 2.0 rc2 to fix the connecting to cloud problem if my homey isn’t online anymore? Never, not even after pulling the plug.

2 Likes

update the app. not homey

Same for me

App (on phone) was updated 8 hours ago but still unable to connect.
I, like others here, seem to have the issue as described in the fixed in RC2.
I’d like to update but I don’t know how we I’m unable to connect to my Homey in any way.

Nice video!

This may be helpful. But I did not test it. I did not have this problem.

https://community.homey.app/t/homey-2-0-0-experimental-discussion-en/4963/61?u=agent848

Same here. Homey went offline yesterday evening. App updated last night. PtP several times this morning. LED animation working and I think it is running automatons, just no connection.

Does anyone know if the app keeps refreshing the “Please select the Homey you want to use” screen that shows Homey is off / online or do I need to close and reopen the app?