Homey firmware v3.0.0 (exp)

Didn’t try exp firmware, waiting for stable. Power does sounds OK, thumbs up. But in comparison with b/r and zigbee, my opinion, it’s not even 1/10 the significance of those two…

Yes I’m very sure :wink: (it says “the battery of *** almost empty”)

That is why it is made experimental first, to see the peoples reactions for tips/find bugs, so please contact Athom with your ideas and/or bugs (they most likely won’t read/respond here).

Yeah, sure would like to send feedback this to Athom.
Dies anyone know how to?
I know how to send feature requests or app requests, but how to feedback on beta firmware / app?

Easiest is the support ticket, or support@athom.com

Is that really the way the would like yo receive feedback on beta firmware and apps? You’d say there are better ways to channel this…

Btw; have uninstalled the separate battery monitor app. Thx!

Better then this forum yes, you’ll get no response here vs A response :wink:
You can try slack, but they also don’t read there everything and gets buried pretty quickly.

How does one become a beta tester for the app?

Open on Playstore the Homey-App-Description. In the middle before the Recenssions is an Option to become a Beta-Tester. So it is on my Playstore-Account Germany and Switzerland.

@CyberSponk
Aha. Had a look, but that option is not availble for me…

u

@Eternity

Have you installed the Non-Beta-Version? The Non-Beta-Vesion has o be installed before you see the Option to become a Beta-Tester.

I couldn’t speak Dutch but here are the Google-Informations to become a Beta-Tester in Dutch: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7003180?hl=nl and in English: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7003180?hl=en

Hope this helps.

1 Like

@CyberSponk
Got it! Joined the beta and it became available in the Play Store. Thanks!

I also joined the beta and have downloaded the beta version of the app. But i stil get no 3.0 update for my homey firmware? Am i doing something wrong?

Did u enable Experimental updates? Or just using the stable version?
Mind u, once enabled there is no turning back!

Oh sorry. Think i found it. The experimental updates button. Enabled it now. Now i going to check if i can update the homey to 3.0

“These updates might be unstable, and after enabling you cannot revert without doing a factory reset.”
Too late for u but maybe for future reference.

1 Like

And what are the risks of exp updates enabled? Crashed homey’s? Does anyone had this happin to him already? Or had to do a factory reset? And there are no back ups or something?

Like stated in the above post: there is no turning back

There once was a Purple Ring of Death for many people, so yes it could happen that an experimental update breaks your Homey, though most things are already found in the Alpha part

Yet another thing that imho is more important then the whole greenifying of Homey!