Homey Community Forum

Homey presence issue FW 7.xxx

Guys I tried “Smart presence” app but I was not ready for the application so I removed the flow. But now the built in Homey presence app reacts very sporadically. It just not does not react to my location changes. Do you guys have any idea on how I can fix this? What settings do I forget? Is there like a setting I can check or reboot the homey built presence app?

I already have automatic location enabled in the homey app and have location enabled on my phone, plus wifi turned on. The only thing i can think off that may be confusing Homey is the fact that im logged on 2 phones with the same account so may be that can be a sending mixed signals but I take both phones with me all the time, and this used to work with no hickups in the passed.

By the way, as of this moment I am officily looking for a way to update my presence using Homey Script. Does anyone already tried doing so via homey script??

Turn the automatic discovery off, and set your location manually on the map.
For me Homey Geo works pretty well that way. With 1 phone that is.
But, if you use 2 phones with te same account and carry both of them with you, I guess that could work.

For me, the build-in presence feature also works very smoothly (iOS). I have also turned off the automatic location.
Apart from that, the functionality depends primarily on the quality of the mobile network.
But I can’t say, if 2 phones with the same Homey user could cause these problems. So why don’t you turn off presence detection on one phone if you always have both phones with you anyway?

1 Like