Homey v5.0.0 (Stable Release)

Find the app on Homey’s website, add /test in the end of the URL, install the app (do NOT remove the app from your Homey first!).
That worked for me.
Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks. Update to test version worked for Osram, Hue and Ikea apps.

The Hue indoor motion sensors don’t connect. Red exclamation mark in the device, when clicking it it says “Could not initialize device”. Tried restarting app and rebooting homey.

Do you have any idea how to proceed? Is the next option to exlude-include, or something else?

EDIT:
My Philips Hue indoor motion sensors got stuck so hard that I had to exlude-include them. Tried the exlude-include to one motion sensor and it started working. I’m going to first wait couple of days so that the zigbee network makes solid mesh (just to make sure) and add them again.

Awesome community

4 Likes

It worked for me too (Aqara and Ikea apps)

Update: working now…Aqara and Philips Hue online again. Seems there is no update for Smartwares yet.

Is innr working now?

I confirm the solution, all he apps which gave an error i used /test and the test app worked.

I only have 2 apps which do not work anymore:

• netscan, this app is no v5 version and i cannot find an alternative
  • everspring, all devices execpt 1 where gone from homey, also the app wagone. After installing the beta version i cannot add the devices anymore, they seems stil to be installed but i cannot find them and not delete them either…

With unable to revert without a factory reset, it is meant you can’t go to the previous stable build (in this case 4.x) without doing the factory reset. You just upgraded to a newer stable version: that is possible without a factory reset. The version that is now pushed to experimental update users is the stable build too.

I had to install test versions for Aqara and Philips Hue Zigbee, now all obvious things seem to work fine. I will see in the coming days if everything works as intended.
I’m very curious what improvements this version will bring to ‘the common user’. The changelog doesn’t give me instant happiness, but I’m not a programmer. :wink:

Yes working here with Gu10 spots

Yes, this is also working again

Extra reset and works! Nice

Aqara and ikea.

Check if they are in a Zone.

Main update is the SDK3 that now enables developers to deliver support for more and other kinds of devices.

1 Like

Do not forget the far better Zigbee capabilities

1 Like

For the common user? Compare the supported devices table of the Aqara & Xiaomi Zigbee app:
Homey v4.2.0 version: Aqara App for Homey | Homey
Homey v5.0.0 version: Aqara App for Homey | Homey
The majority of the added devices, like the Aqara water leakage sensor, were not able to be added on Homey v4.2.0

2 Likes

Or Tuya :wink:

Homey v.4.2.0 version: Tuya Zigbee | Homey
Homey v.5.0.0 version: https://homey.app/en-gb/app/com.tuya.zigbee/Tuya-Zigbee/test

1 Like

Why do we need to install test versions of App?

Do App developers need to push a new version to the App Store? Or flip a switch?

If I don’t want to use the test channel I should wait until the last developer (of Apps I use) did this before I can upgrade my Homey?

(reason for not wanting to use the test channel: experienced data loss in Insights when I did this in the past)

Because, specifically for the Zigbee apps, the apps need to be fully updated to be compatible with Homey v5 / SDKv3. The App Store only supports a stable and test version of the app.

Regular version is still required to support the Homey v4.2.0 systems and test version is used to support the Homey v5.0.0 version of the app. The app developer(s) can’t further optimize this.

Please keep in mind that most test versions are already available as of the summer of last year, and the Aqara & Xiaomi Zigbee app already is used by more than 500 people. So test version is in this case, just a label.

There is no reason to expect data loss in insights upgrading from the regular to the homey v5 “test” version.

2 Likes

no they are complete disappeared from Homey

Also all flows etc where they where used are broken.

Al 3 AN158 everpring devices are completely removed.