I have 3 sets of Tradfri drivers (transformers) paired to homey and also separately controllable by 3 Tradfri rotating dimmers. I originally paired all of these to Homey on v4.0 firmware, but now on v5.0 experimental firmware everything still works OK. My steps were as follows:
- Connect rotating dimmer to Homey per app instruction (this includes pressing the pairing button 4 times in 5 seconds, which will reset the dimmer and unlink previously paired lights – if any)
- Disconnect power from all transformers, except the one you are going to pair first
- Connect the transformer to Homey first, during pairing press the reset button (recessed button on transformer case) rather than toggle it on/off per app instructions
- Check the transformer is successfully connected to Homey by turning it off and back on etc. from Homey app. Leave the transformer on.
- Pair the transformer with rotating dimmer by pressing rotating dimmer pairing button for 10 seconds or more. You will see the lights connected to transformer blink / dim and the LED indicator on rotating dimmer will turn on, “breathe” during the pairing process and turn off when the process is finished. Keep the pairing button pressed until the LED indicator goes off.
- Check the transformer is successfully paired with both Homey and rotating dimmer.
- Disconnect power from the first paired transformer, connect the next transformer power and repeat steps 3-7.
- After all transformers are paired with both Homey and rotating dimmer connect all transformers to power. If you find that some of the transformers do not respond to rotating dimmer anymore bring the dimmer closer to such transformers and short-press the pairing button, red LED indicator on rotating dimmer will turn on, “breathe” for a couple of seconds and turn off.
For the sake of full disclosure – I’m not 100% sure on the very last step as short press of the pairing button is not documented in IKEA manual and I’m not sure what it actually does. In my case, after power up all transformers on the last step I found that only the last connected transformer works with rotating dimmer (all of them responded to Homey though). I believe that bringing the rotating dimmer closer to non-working transformers and short-pressing the pairing button restores the link (in my case I tried re-pairing them a bunch of times, but short-press did the trick finally for me, I think).
Note that this way will also get your rotating dimmer connected to Homey. I didn’t need this and tried to skip step 1 first, but it seems essential. If dimmer is not connected to Homey first, connecting it to the transformer breaks the link between the Homey and the transformer.
I didn’t try this with non-Tradfri zigbee lights though.