I want to read-out data from Homey to Tasker

Hi all,
Well, what I want tiö do is to read out some data from my solarpanels to Tasker and the use it on my Galaxy Watch (Tiezen) I have tried many different ways but there seems to be over my competence. Can anyone help? Insights is not useful (I think…) because I want to have data that is momentarely. The data is in Homey - I just cannot get it out of Homey!

Please help!
Thank you in advance.
//Peter

You could send it periodically with WhatsApp or any other supported chat app and retrieve it from the notification.

I hate to say it, but it’s so easy with HomeAssistant.
You can add a widget and pick any device.
I can operate the devices as well.
Not sure why Homey hasn’t got these possibilities

1 Like

From Homey? How?

Well, thank you. But it doesn’t help very much…

Regards,
//Peter J

Den tors 28 mars 2024 22:28🇳🇱 2x Homey Pro 2019 Classic via Homey Community Forum <notifications@athom.discoursemail.com> skrev:

If you do not want to use the built in push notifications in the Homey; go to Appar för Homey Pro and search for WhatsApp or any chat app of your choice.

In Tasker us the trigger card “Notification” and in the task use %evtprm2 and 3.

Tack Anders, I wasn’t aware of this. Glad Påsk :egg::rooster::egg::rooster:

Hälsningar
//Peter J

Den fre 29 mars 2024 09:50Anders Gregow via Homey Community Forum <notifications@athom.discoursemail.com> skrev:

Detsamma :slight_smile:

@Peter_Johnsson You can also let Homey write the data you wish to share to a Google spreadsheet en let Tasker read this spreadsheet.

Have never done it myself but I’m pretty confident it will work.

Thanks Jeroen, I will give it a try.

Regards,
//Peter J

Den fre 29 mars 2024 21:26Jeroen via Homey Community Forum <notifications@athom.discoursemail.com> skrev:

Joenoo,

It could have worked if the Athom app Google Sheets, could replace data and and not just append data. Any other tips?

//Peter J

Sure, delete the old data with Tasker if Homey has appended new data to the sheet.

Not sure, but does tasker allow MQTT ingress? I think there is an MQTT client plugin there.
This way you could subscribe to the appropriate MQTT events.
Of course you need and MQTT server for this to work. Am aware of that.

Update: one thing I just considered: might not work unless you find a way to keep a connection to your MQTT server when you are remote.

Thanks Roger, I will consider MQTT, as well.

Regards,
//Peter J

1 Like