LG WebOS better integration

Glad that you could figured out what was causing the issue. Sorry that the app can’t be of any help at this point. Would IR help you?

IR already works. Just wanted to use only one app. Yours :smirk:. But the world is Not going down. So all Good.

Still want to implement IR at some point, but I have no experience with that so haven’t started it. Furthermore, the HCS is taking up a lot of time at the moment anyway.

1 Like

Wegens een fout kon de app niet worden geïnstalleerd.

invalid_checksum

Sorry, late reply, been busy… I guess installed via the Homey Community Store?

yes

Could you try again, I have been working on some new features and I can imagine I ruined my own app :joy: sorry for that

1 Like

@MaxvandeLaar is there a new version available? I have some issues also with the on off recognition in the app. Tried to re add the tv but still no succes.

Unsure of what version you are running, but you can try to reinstall via https://store.homey.community/app/com.maxvandelaar.webos-plus

Please also note that you can change the way detection works in the device settings

Running on 2.2.1 :wink: Will try to reinstall in a couple of weeks

Wow great addition of my setup this.

Is there a way to reade the current status of let say YouTube, Disney etc for the “playing/paused” state?

If i press pause during a movie i would like the light to dim up. When pressing pkay avain, the lights must dom again (or power off)

Regards

Keep u the great work!!

1 Like

Hi @Gerwin, glad you enjoy the app. Sadly, it is not possible to detect the play/pause state of the tv. I do understand your wish (I had the same idea) but it just is not possible as far as I know.

Damn. No probs :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work

1 Like

Hello, great App I was a bit disappointed about the official LG app. This app came to the rescue. I had 2.0.0 installed and suddenly I was experiencing odd behaviour. I could not turn off the TV by remote. It turned off alright but immediately turned back on again. Installing 2.2.1 solved the problem but introduced a new one. I have a button to start a specific radio station. I want the button to light or dim when on or off. I made a flow:
when

This does not work anymore the icon does not turn on.

this flow also does not work.
Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi @Huub_Van_Vilsteren, Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

I don’t see anything wrong to be honest. What does not work? Can you test the flow by sending push notifications to yourself for example? Does the trigger not work, or is the condition preventing the flow from running the then part?

Hello Max, thanks for the reply. I think I had some gremlins in my Homey.
Just re-added these flows a fresh reboot and everything works fine again.
Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Hi @MaxvandeLaar ,

Like the original app from athom, this app also doesn’t recognize the new CX model.
My old C6 is recognized by both apps and my CX is recognized by LG official app.
Did you already hear about this?

Kind regards.

-edit-
So after i changed my TV to the IOT WLAN and VLAN (where Homey resides), the app could find the tv.
So it’s a security thing.

@Christian_Visser

Glad you figured it out :slight_smile:

Nice app @MaxvandeLaar the on/off feature is what was missing in the Athom developed app so thats a big deal in my setup! Thanks for that.

1 Like

Slightly off-topic but might be of interest anyway :slight_smile:

Gratis vervangingsprogramma voor tv-voedingskaart

Tijdens een permanente kwaliteitscontrole ontdekte LG Electronics dat bepaalde OLED tv’s die in Europa worden verkocht, mogelijk last hebben van oververhitting.

LG Electronics heeft vastgesteld dat de onderstaande OLED-tv-modellen onderhevig kunnen zijn aan oververhitting van de voedingskaart als gevolg van verminderde prestaties van sommige onderdelen op de voedingskaart. De interne en externe testresultaten laten echter zien dat het bijbehorende risico als laag wordt beschouwd. Er is ook geen incident gemeld dat aanleiding geeft tot ernstige bezorgdheid.

2 Likes