LG WebOS better integration

@MaxvandeLaar, hi! Are you planning to do LG air condition integration? I have a LG A/C and I would like to connect it to our homey system.

@nzolko, eventually yes, however this is going to be hard since there is no documentation on the API as it seems private last time I checked. First I want to finish this WebOS app and I’ll probably start a new topic for the air conditioning, maybe an LG topic all together. If @Kaoh is indeed working on LG Music Flow, we would then have three LG drivers and we could try to combine it into one app. This will most likely increases our chances to get this in the App Store but you’ll never know.

Note that the air conditioning works via SmartThingQ, so it’s likely (not! a promise) other devices can be added as well such as refrigerators and washing machines etc… I know TV’s can also communicatie via SmartThinQ so who knows :wink:

WebOS application is indeed a smart idea.
It would even be better if it would include homeydash to allow full Homey interaction on the LG :slight_smile:

What do you mean?

EDIT: Never mind, didn’t check on which comment you were replying.

Well, WebOS applications are (as far as I researched) basically just web apps so it shouldn’t be too hard to get this working actually. Maybe in the future I’ll have a look, but chances are the next TV won’t be LG anymore as I really like Samsung The Frame TV’s and LG seems to be removing old API’s and I guess implement SmartThinQ for all their devices. I want my devices to be (somewhat) open sourced so I can control them however I like. Disclaimer, no clues yet on Samsung OS and API’s as I am not buying a new TV anytime soon.

@MaxvandeLaar

Remote control button simulation to create amazing complex flows on your tv such as changing energy saving when playing music!

Also include buttons from external remotes like KPN?

@HarmJ the app can only send LG WebOS support buttons. It’s a dropdown list in de action flow card.

Ok thanks! BTW just testing the app. It’s genius. Every morning my tv is set to on (currently not working on Athom app) based on movement. But with your app I am going to add first show my homey dashboard for 2 minutes and than switch back to TV.

Keep on the good work!

1 Like

@HarmJ, purely out of interest, you are showing your homey dashboard where? On the TV, and how exactly?

Many thanks MaxvandeLaar for your WebOS Plus application ! This one is 100x better than the Athom original !

Yesterday i was reading your post about the refusal of your application on the official store. So i decided this morning to install it by cli.

It’s very sad that Homey prefear to keep in front their original applications when there are good developers they want to work hard on applications for their framework. Especially when this is a more reliable substation application like your case.

2 Likes

@Kevin_Joss, Thanks for the nice message. Messages like yours (and from others) are the main reason I decided to keep developing it and help everyone if someone has any issue; no matter what.

Have fun with the app, if you miss anything, let me know (preferably by creating a GitHub issue) :slight_smile:

Send the dashboard url to you email account. Go to the webbrowser of your lg tv and open your mail with the browser. Open the url and save as favorite. If you have done that you will be able to use the favorite in apps in your app

I have the Music Flow to the point I am discovering and communicating with the multiroom speaker, but its stating all my requests are malformed. Interesting since it does mean my encryption must be working since I decrypt their message properly. So close but no sigar right now. :frowning:

@HarmJ interesting, didn’t even realise something like this would be possible.

@Kaoh, no rush :wink:, I just tried to connect to my AC, which succeeded. Luckily someone already did all the heavy lifting to convert a python library to control devices connected to SmartThinQ to a JavaScript library. I just need to figure out how to implement this nicely in Homey and how to discovery the correct device with the correct driver. But that’s just technicalities.

@HarmJ, did you manage to automaticly start in full screen, without the url-bar?

I did not try that. Will try it tomorrow :wink:

@HarmJ thank you for sharing your homeydash ‘trick’!
With the LG remote I can now even start flows on my tv now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tomm,

No succes. There is no button on the remote to activate fullscreen :wink:

Thanks. I tried it myself too, unfortunately without success.

Great app. Im a new user of homey and tried to dim a lightbulb while the tv is on and undim it while the tv is turned off. With the official app quite frustrating / not working.
Now within 1 minute operational.

1 Like

@Huub_Van_Vilsteren glad to hear :slight_smile: If you have any issues or suggestions feel free to message me or (preferably) create an issue on the Github page.