Looking forward to move from ST

interesting isn’t it possible not to upgrade, or downgrade to the stable version

It would be interesting to hear about advanced flows\routines. I have not heard from anyone who wrote js apps for the Homey in this thread. It might be good - the build-in flows can implement any logic, or bad - the SDK\ docs quality is so bad so few people dare to try

With HA and Homey, it is possible to not upgrade if you don’t want the new features.

I currently have 12 apps in the Athom store and 2 more in the Community Store. I wrote the apps to support extra devices, most of which were quite new on the market when I wrote them.
The SDK is very good and the docs are getting much better. Homey is based on node.js so you can leverage the extra power of that on top of js.

As for flows, the biggest limitation is you can only have one trigger action, but you can run a flow from a flow, so the workaround is to create a flow for each trigger that call a common flow to do the work.

That’s not the case: new integrations have to be installable/configurable through the web interface, and most existing integrations have been migrated to the web interface. Automations can also be fully set up through the web interface.

1 Like

Well, I am running homey and home assistant…if you are no really into programming…it sucks…if they would make HA user friendly it would be big buisiness. BUt to have both systems at hand including the deconz stick…runs perfect! Homey for the flows and some devices…the rest via home assitant :slight_smile:

I’m into programming but never have to with HA. No idea what you mean.

It´s just not user friendly… that is the problem …first you must go to that folder than that folder…nothing for a wide community

No idea what you’re talking about. I’ve been running Home Assistant for a couple of years now, and pretty much everything can be done from the web interface. Besides that, I think that Home Assistant has a larger community than Homey has.

1 Like