MELcloud

To let you know: the newest test version add energy metrics.

2 Likes

I messed arround with an ESP32 to get readings from the Melcobems but I think your app covers all those parameters too! great stuff.

note: I get general alarm notifications every 13 hours or so. any ideas what that could be?

Hi @Otter, thank you so much for your feedback!

What do you mean by “general alarm notifications”?
Do you mean that you have created a flow to notify you for example in case of “defrost mode” and you receive those notifications every 13 hours?

Nope didn’t make a flow. Just getting an alarm notification

Thank you, I understand better your question with the screenshot.

This page is handled by Homey system so I can’t be sure at 100% of its behaviour, but from what I understand this page sums up all the action related to your device: the ones performed by you via Homey but also the updates received from your Homey (physical) device, which is regularly synced with Homey.

In this case, the alarm can refer e.g. to the Mitsubishi built-in defrost or immersion water modes, which regularly turn on and off on your physical device and sends the information back to Homey. Those “alarms” (= mode change notifications) don’t occur on a frequent basis, that’s why you see few notifications on this page.

Apparently this page does not provide the detail of the alarms and only says that a “generic alarm” has been triggered. Anyway you can have all the detailed information of those alarms within your dashboard – based on the ones you configure from the settings.

I hope this answers your question…

Hi,
I have this problem when trying to include mine now. The app won’t find my heat pump in the MelCloud app on Homey. Works good in the original app from Mitsubishi. Please help?

@OlivierZal

Hi @ChrisHarberg,

For many users, this pairing issue has been solved by adding the device from Homey via a web browser.

This is a strange issue we regularly hear about, e.g. Can't add Melcloud device ¡ Issue #24 ¡ OlivierZal/com.melcloud ¡ GitHub
As you can see in the attached screenshots: when I am provided a guest access by a user experiencing this issue, I am able to see / add his device from an iPhone although the user couldn’t from Android but could from a web browser…

If you don’t succeed in adding your device from a web browser, don’t hesitate to add me as a guest with restricted (read-only) permissions from your official MELCloud app so I could investigate further.

Kind regards

I have now used the app for 3 weeks, and it works flawlessly.

I see some energy historic stats in the app. But it does not show real-time energy consumption in the “Energy tab” of the Homey app, so when I see that my house pulls e.g. 5kw, I don’t know how much of that is from my heat-pump. I could set a fixed Kw metric on the device, but it will also be wrong as the pump is “always on” but will draw varying amount of power during the day.

Ideas on how to track this without installing a separate smart-socket that measures this?

1 Like

Same problem I have. The energy tab is a bit useless in my opinion, since as you said, it is manual, not smart. And no summary options (monthly / year consumption).

I would use a meter in the fuse box for the mitaubishi outside device. This might really measure your consumption. As far as I know Mitsubishi does not even count the consumption of the inside devices and transmitts it to the Mecloud (at least there is no option to get the consumption shown).

@OlivierZal

Hi,

Since a few days I have a problem.

My situation:

1 Multisplit system with 3 indoor unit
1 Singlesplit system with 1 indoor unit

All indoor units have a mac-567if-e adapter connected.

WIFI = 2.4GHz (5GHz is disabled for testing)
Security = WPA2-PSK (AES)

Since a few days the ERR-led on all the WIFI adapters are flashing 2 times in 5 seconds. Unit-LED and Net-LED are blinking 1 time every 5 seconds. According to the manual this means there’s no connection to Melcloud.

Because all WIFI adapters show the same problem, I thought it might be a router problem. So I borrowed a standard router, set it to use only 2.4GHz WIFI, deleted all hardware from Homey, uninstalled the Homey Melcloud-app, deleted all hardware from my Melcloud account, factory reset all WIFI units and started all over. With the new router the adapters all show the same behaviour as before. So I did all of the above again and instead of using a router I used my phone as hotspot and made sure it was disconnected from my WIFI network and connected to my mobile data network. But again the same behaviour. So, again I factory reset my WIFI adapters, but this time I only connected the WIFI apapter thats connected to the indoor unit that belongs to the single split system and connected it to my own router with 5GHz disabled and added the unit to Melcloud. I haven’t installed and connected anything in Homey at this point for trouble shooting purposes.

At this point I got a little further. When connecting the WIFI adapter with WPS or through access point mode, all goes well. After it connected to the WIFI network the Unit-LED and the Net-LED blink once every 5 seconds. But after about 5 minutes the ERR-LED flashes again. The strange thing is is that the WIFI adapter is still connected to my router and I’m able to control all capabilities of the indoor unit with Melcloud. The only thing not working is when logging in in Melcloud the main dashboard opens, and normally, after logging in, the dashboard automatically updates all data from the installed indoor units. But that doesn’t happen. The only way to update the data is to actually click on the indoor unit so Melcloud opens the dash for that specific indoor unit and after a few seconds it updates the data. And again I’m able to control all availabilities for that unit. After noticing this I wondered if the Homey Melcloud-app would show the same behaviour. And yes it does. The device in Homey doesn’t update its values.

Very long story, but I’ve tried about anything that I could think of. The only thing I can’t check is if maybe all my WIFI adapters are blocked by Melcloud based on their MAC-address and serial. Could it be that somehow someway my units have used Melcloud too much in a certain time window, because I do know that API’s work with a rate limit. So finally my question is: Do the Melcloud servers use a rate limit and block WIFI adapters or indoor units that exceeded that limit? And if yes, how can I unblock myself.

I really hope you can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Dennis

This is for UK, but might be related:

Hi @Dennis_van_Dinter,

I had the same feedback from another customer.

We made some tests and could only confirm it’s not related to the Homey MELCloud app, since the same issues were also encountered when talking directly with the official MELCloud API.

I think that your issue might be related with the one mentioned by @robertklep.

So unfortunately I can’t really help you here…

Hi @Jan_Hoydahl and @Ringler, I understand your point.

Unfortunately live consumption is not provided by the MELCloud API, so the limitation comes from MELCloud.

The MELCloud API can provide a consumption – and, only for air-to-water heat pumps, a production / CoP – only between 2 dates.

• For air-to-water heat pumps: the minimum which can be retrieved is on a daily basis.
  • For air-to-air heat pumps: the minimum which could be retrieved is on an hourly basis (with some workaround to bypass the API bugs and defects).

Some users told me they use those metrics with MQTT to monitor consumption on a dashboard.
Some automation can also be done from the flows but I confess that I don’t use it and that a live consumption would be more useful…

thanks for your fast feedback. As I thought, missing functionality in the Melcloud (as a lot of other functionality, beside of design) :see_no_evil: :grinning:

Agreed, @Ringler.

In particular, some actions can only be set from the remote control, and some errors can only be read from the physical device.

Hi @robertklep @OlivierZal

Thanks for replying guys. At least I’m glad that this is probably a known issue

I also informed the company Aklima of this issue as they are the official service contact in the Netherlands. So they know it’s not only a UK problem.

1 Like

@Dennis_van_Dinter,

Thanks @OlivierZal

I also got a response from the Dutch service provider. They are aware of the problem and they’ve informed Mitsubishi Europe.

Update for whoever wants to know.

Melcloud problems are now solved. At least in my situation.