Mi Homey

Thank you for your thoughts Andrea. So you first add the device to the Xiaomi gateway and afterwards you add them in homey, right? I have a aqara motion sensor that is added to the gateway but whenever I try to add it to homey it keeps returning that there are no devices.

I seem to have the same version;

Humm … I do not have more suggestion for you. It worked strait away for me. I added the hub first to homey. I added one sensor to the xiaomi hub and then into homey via the app. Here is a screenshot of my hub where you can see is reporting 9 devices.!

Very interesting! I genuinely wonder what I am different different/ wrong then…

How do you add the device to homey once it is in the gateway? devices > + > Xiaomi Mi Home > device of choice?

Yes I do that way.But do you see them linked to the Xiaomi hub? Do they work there?

I guess I do as it is a “child device” in the bridge and successfully reports motion. I tried resetting the gateway a couple of times and also first added the gateway to homey and then add the motion sensor to xiaomi but without luck. It keeps stating that it doesn’t see any devices.

I have a different layout.
I use Android phone and download the Xiaomi Home App. I make a new House and start adding the Xiaomi Hub. Afterwards I can add the zigbee devices via the Xiaomi Home App to the Xiaomi Hub controller. Here the screenshot of the xiaomi home app with the devices. Sorry in Italian.

Yes this was the view from within the gateway. When I look at the xiaomi app homepage (iOS) itself I have this (only added one motion sensor so far to see if it works, the others are still directly connected to homey until I fix this).

It looks absolutely correct. I’ve no more suggestion for you sorry.

1 Like

Not a problem Andrea, appreciate you thinking along though, thanks a bunch :)!

I have exactly the same problem as Hannes85 and Eternity.
Have the latest firmware on Homey and the Mija hub. The device number is DGNWG02LM which is just bought.
I have factory reset Homey and the Hub several times. Tried both Xiaomi Mi Home and Mi Homey apps.
It is no problem trying to add the hub to Homey, but adding devices is not working. Also in the Xiaomi Mi Home app by devices i can’t see any number. I even made a new Xiaomi account with China directly as default country. It all doesn’t work. My Homey is the Early 2016 version.

I hope someone can find a solution for this, as all Aqara devices directly connected to Homey fail to much of a time.

2 Likes

Hi,
This weekend, I have migrated all of my xiaomi / Aqara Zigbee devices connected to the “Aqara & Xiaomi Zigbee” app (by Ted Tolboom) to the “Xiaomi Mi Home” app (By Payziyev Maxmudjon).
Some 27nodes have been migrated. Even the gateway Version 2 has been added, though this was only possible in the “Mi Homey” app and only as a “Xiaomi Gateway Security”. Occasionally, the gateway isn’t available in Homey. Since I do not have specific functionality for the gateway, this is not an issue for me.

I can confirm all of the nodes are much more responsive, there are no issues any more at all with both range and routing. So my conclusion is that the Xiaomi gateway has better reach and better management of nodes (Zigbee 3.0 + better hardware).

For all of you waiting for an Athom Zigbee re-write, I can only advise you to migrate.

1 Like

I wish it worked for me… anyway, there might be light at the end of the zigbee re-write tunnel!!

Did you try to add the Zigbee nodes by using the “Xiaomi Mi Home” app or the “Mi Homey” app?
The “Mi Homey” app, you will have to install it using the CLI method. Both of them have the same functionalities but are still distincly different.

I only tried the Xiaomi Mi Home app. I do not plan on using any CLI based installations due to restore limitations.

which gateway / where did you buy precisely? :slight_smile:

how do they differ? Does the one in the store have the gateway option?

Maybe stupid… but is the water kettle supported? :slight_smile:

No, it doesn’t. The “one in the store” does not let you add your gateway. However, “the one in the store” will let you add the nodes connected to the gateway. And that is the end goal, no?

That two versions existed, was new to me…

Tried both:

And:

Both App’s let me add the gateway successfully. Neither show any devices :frowning:

Well I use second one ad it works for me. This means is not the App and is not the Homey … must be something with the Xiaomi hub and its firmware.