MiBoxer 2.4 Ghz Gateway or

Hi Glenn
I build this one. and it works great from the webbrowser. but can you tell me how to hookup this hup to Homey?

Hi Everyone!
I finally made my latest Milight devices (LED Strips with fut039 and Miboxer) work in Homey!
What i did, is i bought an old Milight Ibox1 (the round light which acts as a WiFi Gateway)

Configuring the Milight iBox1 (iBox2 most likely will also work, as long it’s not a MiBoxer);

(Credits to GENETX from Tweakers dot net)

1. Power on the WiFi box and already install the milight 2.0 app on your phone (at least, with Android)
  2. Connect with your tablet, phone, laptop, whatever to the milight wifi box (not your own network)
  3. Surf now with the browser to http://10.10.100.254
  4. User=admin, pass=admin
  5. The web app is a bit crappy (like Chrome with me), you may have to press F5 again after logging in
  6. Go to STA setting and enter the connection details for your own WiFi
  7. Now go to Work Mode and select STA there, the box should reboot
  8. Now connect your mobile to your home network
  9. Check in your modem/router/AP what the IP address is in your home network (it should now show the same web app when you surf to it)
  10. Open the App and set it up!

Afterwards, you can install the MiLight app in Homey and add a RGBW zone, and your zones will be found. Happy controlling your devices!

P.S. Main challange is finding an old MiLight Ibox1 of Ibox 2. They are only available secondhand or on very old stock. But you’ll manage!

Hallo Michiel,

Heb je ook meegekregen dat Athom Homey Mi-Light straks niet meer gaat ondersteunen in Homey pro 2023 en dat er geen updates meer komen?

Balen! Ik heb mr16 spots in de tuin… altijd top met de milight app gewerkt

@ all: I’d suggest to ask Athom to allow the transfer of the app to a community developer.
When they will, use your network to find a developer who wants to take over, or at least just update the app to SDK3

2 Likes

You can always buy a Gledopto Zigbee 2.4 dongle.
But unfortunately you need 1 dongle per Zone.

For me this works great and extends the network :slight_smile:

Dag Ben, dit had ik niet meegekregen, bedankt voor de informatie. Hopelijk blijft het draaien zoals nu!