Homey Community Forum

Miele@mobile

Can anybody help me to integrate Miele@mobile in Homey? I want to manage all mine Miele appliances. Grtz Erik

Make a app for it.

1 Like

Would be nice if it could be integrated. Saw they have an open api, but my knowledge for making an app is not sufficient enough. Maybe with http requests it is possible?

would be nice if you did :ok_hand:t3:

Why me? i dont need it. :grinning:

the question is if someone can help him, don’t give a response or give a helpful answer :+1:t3:

Good reaction :+1::+1::+1:

Thx

Helping some one else create an app is much harder than is is to write one yourself. Any one with programming experience is able to using the documentation and online community.

I may be tempted to write such an app in a few months time. But there are a lot of IF’s and BUT’s:

Currently I do not own Miele@mobile devices, and there’s not much fun in building an app for devices you do not own. Also, testing is a bitch if you have to push the app to a user that does for every attempt. And I’m guessing you don’t consider donating a Miele connected Smart Home :crazy_face:

I want to replace my Miele washing machine, so IF I replace my old with a connected one I will probably be tempted to write the app for it. BUT not if I decide to buy something else. I won’t replace it before next month, because they will take 21m2 out of the roof above my old one to place a dormer in one month time. After that I will investigate replacements.

And there are more BUT’s: Most of my other stuff is Siemens and I like those. So IF one day I’ll also replace my dryer with a Miele that will be fun, but likely nothing in my kitchen will be Miele soon. And other devices will be requested in seconds.

Athom does not like multiple apps for the same thing, so the pressure will be high to add a lot more devices I do not own. And as I said, there’s not much fun… (Although adding more devices is less of a hassle than adding the first).

And yet another BUT: Miele says in their documentation that they can change the API to their hearts delight. So when they do, man, I already feel the pressure to fix all broken integrations…

So, It would mean I might not want to unless there are more contributors, and it is probably best if Athom would pick this up together with Miele.

1 Like