MQTT Hub/Gateway

@jolerius The hub will start a broadcast when a birth message is received.

@HarriedeGroot
Isnt the birth message only sent when hass goes online/offline? So if it’s stable the devices could still get out of sync? Or am i thinking this wrong?

What about my other question that a qubino dimmer doesnt show up as Light nor switch in hass?

You’re correct, but you could use this feature (e.g. by using a MQTT Client flow card) to just send a birth message to trigger the broadcast. Shouldn’t be necessary though.

Suddenly it stopped working. I havent changed anything and now i can’t control it through hass any more. Nothing happens, and nothing in hass is update when changing State in homey.

I tried rebooting booth homey and hass

How exactly do you send the birth message with the Client flow card?

Using default settings with Hass discovery enabled: send payload “online” to topic “hass/status”.

What changed ? This is unusual. If it was a cloud integration than maybe. Did you upgrade anything ?

No, i can’t recall changing anything… This is really weird. I hav tried restarting homey, hass and the pi with the mqtt server to. But still no sync

restarting the MQTT Client and HUB did fix it for me , did see status changes but did not work from HASS

that did it for me too… strange behavior i think

I say it again - this is an amazing app to Homey!

I too experience that the app stops working every now and then. (I also experience the Homey not online-issue, I should say). I have narrowed it down to be either the MQTT client app of Homey or the MQTT Hub app of Homey. Home Assistant is always sending correctly to the MQTT bus.
Sometimes it only works one way - I update a light in Homey and it reflects in HA. But if I change state in HA, it does not change/reflect in Homey. Even thought the MQTT Explorer shows that the message is indeed sent.
Also it is not always that the HA restart with the birth/last-will message triggers a Broadcast.

I currently suspect that my Homey is a bit overloaded with apps and flows, causing a congestion either in Homey itself or in the apps. I have started some housekeeping to clear out some old stuff to see if it works better. My Homey is also one of the firsts.

Thank you. But it doesn’t seem to work for me…
Tried multiple different topics, but cant get hass to update the status (like the “Broadcast” button)

Hi… I am a MQTT beginner and I have a Problem to add a device to Homey.

My config:
-Mqtt Broker on a raspberry pi (mosquitto)
-Mqtt client on homey (works) (can send set strings via flow)
-Mqtt hub on homey (don’t know if it is configured correct for my setting)
-device integrated in FHEM
-mqtt device Bridge in FHEM is configured

If I set the window covering as device in Homey and set the state and set strings, it don’t work. Any time it goes 1 time in one direction (closed or opened) via an dimmer. I can’t Change the device settings too… A 30000ms error message appears.

Do anyone have a tip for me what I do wrong?

I am expering the same problem again. Hass stops sync the devices. This short Joy lasted for about a day, then it stopped working again.

Anyone got a clue why and what causing this?

Had this working smooth for a while. Still syncs with Hass, but cannot change state of anything from Hass dashboard. When looking at it with mqtt explorer, for instance an off/off:

• Homey seems to send a msg to the device/onoff topic
  • Hass seems to send the msg to device/onoff/set topic

Last one seems to what is mentioned in the homie standard. But its not picked up by homey. And hass then reverts back to the old value from the device/onoff topic

The messages are going to the correct topics. It’s the MQTT app on Homey that should ‘hear’ the cmd on the …/onoff/set topic and change state of the device reporting the result back on …/onoff topic.

Both are populating the payload with a true/false payload are they ?

Could you post a copy of the HA MQTT discovery message that Homey sends for an onoff device.

Homey seems to set the onoff topic directly, HA updates the /set subtopic and expects the onoff status changes. When it doesn’t, it reverts the status of the device in HA (as seen in ui).
Not sure exactly what discovery message you mean? Not that familiar with it yet

Hello,

I am trying to get the mqtt hub to communicate with a synology NAS runnin openhab 2.4 but i am getting constant communication errors (null pointer exception) when trying to add the homey to the paperUI.

When i do the same thing on my compter, running openhab 2.5m3 all works fine and i can control all my devices.
I don’t know this is the right place to ask, but anybody else ran into this and fixed it?
I don’t want to leave my pc running just to serve the dashboard.

kind regards,

There were a lot of MQTT/homie changes in OH 2.5M1 and again in M3 - I wouldn’t try using OH2.4 with the homie spec. It has a lot of bugs and even the core MQTT component is flawed. 2.5M3 is the way to go although I’m not sure quite how complete the homie implementation is even then. Obviously you’ve got to decide if that’s approriate on the NAS

PS I’m not an OH user but have read a lot of posts about this, and in limited testing with Homey (and Hubitat Elevation) using homie v3 on OH 2.4 and then on 2.5M1 the latter was significantly better.

i figured it out, had to reinstall the OH. MQTT connector to get things going.
I noticed the OH server didn’t connect to the homey properly, didn’t saw anything in the MQTT explorer.
After reinstall, all devices and statuses came in properly