NEEO App

@Niels

As you know I’ve added a TUNER device in the NEEO app to get the favorites slide. This worked, but if a press a radio icon the flow does not start. In Simple Log I see that the button has been pressed. The button is called CHANNEL_101. If I add the button CHANNEL_101 as a shortcut and I press that one, it works. Any idea?

Thanks

@Niels

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

The NEEO will send separate buttons, 1, 0, 1 just like you would on your tuner device. The NEEO event shows the action channel_101. Depending on your usecase you could adopt to either use the buttons to trigger or the NEEO Brain event card.

@Niels
Ok, for my usecase I need to use the NEEO Brain event card.

Thanks

Hello there!

New beginner of Homey here (just bought it a day ago) :slight_smile: I do have a NEEO brain+remote aswell, controlling all my TV-equipment (Apple TV, Receiver, TV, TV Box, Hyperion etc).

So for instance, I would like to run a recipe by asking Google Home to do it.
Hence the: “Hey Google - start the TV” -> would execute a Flow in Homey -> execute the “TV” Recipe in NEEO.

But I have no clue how to accomplish this in this Homey-app. Anyone would care to help me out? Thanks!

1. Make a virtual device (like TV)
  2. Make a Homey flow “when TV on” then “activate recipe TV NEEO” and of course one to turn it off
  3. Add virtual device to Google Home
  4. You can now turn on and off this virtual device via Google Home!
1 Like

@Niels Love the work you have put down in this. I’m an old Neeo user (100% Z-wave) and thinking of getting the Homey to “replace it” so the actual commands for my Z-wave network etc is sent by the Homey instead.

But I kind of miss the idea of having nice looking “physical” remotes in my home, like the Neeo remotes so I was thinking of keeping the Neeo system just to make it communicate with Homey. As I understand it, your app will actually do that for me.

But do you see any indication that this functionality will stop working after the “24 months” when they will shutdown Neeo? In that case I would simply educate my wife to start using the Homey app instead of the Neeo remotes to control the lights at home :slight_smile:

If they stop anything, it would be the cloud service. The integration I’ve built is running locally and has no cloud needs from NEEO.

Great work @Niels, I love the integration between Homey and Neeo.

I created a virtual device called “Woonkamer” and added a couple of switches and sliders (like temp woonkamer, gordijnen, zonnesherm, hue scenes etc). I can add the device to Neeo, however I can not see the controls. If I a add a recipe and select “show controls” it only shows controls of other devices than the ones I created in Homey. If I choose: “send a commend to this device” I am able to see all the buttons I created in Homey. How can I get te controls visible in Neeo? (I am running v 0.52.8 and the latest Neeo version)

On your neeo app add the shortcuts manually. Custom capabilities wont be added automatically on neeo.

Ahh that does the trick :slight_smile: Thanks!

Other question, is it possible in Homey to open Neeo? So if I press butten “tv kijken” on homey, it wil automatically open “http://192.168.1.20:3200/eui/index.html#/controls/6425764612372692992/6425764612389470208/dynamic” which is showing the controls of “tv kijken”. I only see URL options to send get / put messages to control for example my denon receiver

Short answer: No that’s not possible.

Long answer: The remote is designed for a multi room configuration, for example i have one brain with all remotes connected to that one brain. In every room i have a remote. The remote (or neeo app for that matter) dictates the current view of the remote, not the brain. otherwise the livingroom remote would change to masterbedroom TV when that recipe where activated in that room as its all part of the same multibrain/multi remote configuration. so only the remote or app itself can change the view of a device, the App and the remote don’t have a way to be controlled individually.

hope this makes sense.

Hmm if I open this link on my laptop or mobile (http://192.168.1.20:3200/eui/index.html#/controls/6425764612372692992/6425764612389470208/dynamic) I am able to control the TV / receiver (only if the recipe has started).

I can now start a recipe from my Homey, so it would be great if you can redirect to this page on your phone after starting the recipe so you can control your TV after starting the recipe. Is there no “open url” option in Homey?

There is but its not going to change the ui of either the remote or the app.

Hi,

Has anyone experience with HEOS and neeo and homey together? Because homey-HEOS is almost useless…

Thanks

Could you link the update? Haven’t seen it. Can’t find it. @xAPPO

HI great work on the NEEO integration. I have a remote laying around , and I am going to blow the dust off it and give this a try. Could anybody share some FLOW Cards please…

If you like this, look out for the newest remote Niels and Marton and few guy are working on. It will crap all over the Neeo. https://community.yio-remote.com/
We would also appreciate, and you will too, to contribute and purchase a remote kit from our kickstarter campaign. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/marton/yio-remote
For now, The Neeo remote option is still functioning well, but will eventually be dropped as the Neeo remote is now EOL.

1 Like

Any Homey users still using Neeo at this point in time.
If there is any devs with some interest and time. I believe there may be a route to keep using the remote with Homey direct.

Any chance the app will get an SDKv3 compatibility update?

1 Like