Nest + Homey = Dead API by 31th August

For this moment I’m glad that I’m still on the nest account and the app is still working for me😉

is it not possible to have an overall app that will use the personal api? so every individual will pay 5USD and get access to his api?

That sure should be possible.
I’m doing some tests with node red at the moment.

I’ve been able to read out my Nest Thermostat temperature and send it to Honey using MQTT.

But I’m sure that in the end a Honey native app can work, using the personal API

Is that easy to do using MQTT? Maybe share some info / flows for this?

You did testing with the new nest api or the badnest HA ntergration

Hey guys,
I just managed to get my nest working with apple HomeKit through the starling home hub… so i guess we should also be able to connect it to homey!!

Who wants to earn some dollars :money_with_wings: to build an app?

They are making some serious progress at the HA platform

1 Like

That looks like a suitable solution.

Now we need the homey app to support this.
Any developer wants to do a fund raiser?

Looks great this posts

I took a look at the code of Alan Porter, mentioned at the link above,
Its a few python scripts, fetching the data en enabling authorisation.

Maybe @Emile can review a port the code? So Homey can have an official NEST integration again.
So the promise to integrate becomes true again and we don’t have to ditch our beautiful nest thermostats.

5 Likes

Any news ?

3 Likes

very quiet at the moment.

Its official… Nest API is dead for me too :frowning: Athom even removed their app from the store

But still working for me😜

Fingers crossed, but still working here as well…

1 Like

A bit selfish… but I wish Google killed it completely so there where more people in this community that would be asking for a new integration :upside_down_face: :smile:

Its a Joke…

I would definitely be in for a new “official” integration from the community. Just in case the support would stop for me as well one day…

No skills to make it here nevertheless

Keep hoping here :slight_smile:

Still working for me, even during the upgrade from Homey to Homey pro.
As backup, I have forked the nest app in github and can install it via homey commandline app installer on a raspberry pi in my network.

And ofcourse I hope that a new app will be developed, but for now thats even no solution for me, because I have nest protects and these are not yet supported via the new google api.

Hoping for support on nest thermostat and protects