[APP][Pro] Philips TV Testing

Unfortunatelly can’t help… the fix I applied is working for me on oled804, android 9. Maybe some different implementation of jointspace api on your models. But anyways on/off detection is quite simply implemented - app is querying tv in regular intervals and if there is reply, it means jointspace api is up and TV is running. If no response from TV, then it’s off…

@lucasvdh you were working on a on/off button for embilight + hue right? Do you know when its available?

Hi Lucas,
Thanks for your effort with the app! Guess I need some help here. As the app didn’t work after a while I decided to reinstall it but now I’m getting the error [invalid_driver] when adding a device.
Running Homey version 5.0.4 with your latest update 0.4.0.

Same for me.

Thanks for the report @DaveOne and @Noel_Nijsten. I’ve just published a fix for this issue in v0.4.1 which is the latest test version and is awaiting approval.

To anyone here wondering why I’ve been absent for a while: I’ve been struggling with Carpal Tunnel this last year so I haven’t been able to put any time in my beloved side projects. But I’m on my way to recovery. Thank you for your understanding.

After the update homey says that the driver is invalid.

Are you sure that you are running version v0.4.1? I have not seen any crash reports on the latest release yet.

Hi @B3rt, thanks for the heads up.

Switching the input source of the TV does indeed work via a Google Assistent search query! I’ll try and release this feature to the test version soon. I will also look into adding a flow card action for sending any search query to the TV.

Note:

• This will only work on Android TV’s with Google Assistent enabled.
  • This will only work for the HDMI sources. Trying to switch to YPbPr or USB source does not work (at least for me).

This morning homey updeted it into version 4.0. Now homey updated to version 4.1 and the problem disapeart.

Nu bij het installeren blijft het installatie proces hangen.
Ligt dit aan de api versie?

Mogelijk, ik stel voor om een aantal combinaties te proberen. Ik leg nu in eerste instantie de focus op een paar nieuwe features en het fixen van bestaande feature die niet goed werken. Daarna neem ik het pairing proces weer onder handen.

1 Like

Evgeny Slavnov has found a reliable way to power on Philips TV’s even if they are in deep sleep mode (no more WOL commands! yay :tada:). This is done via the ChromeCast endpoint.

I’ll try and release this improvement to the test version soon.

Per abuis stond het ip adres niet goed. Inmiddels werkt de app.thx voor het verbeteren van de app.

Aan en uit werken ook prima nu.
Enige wat niet werkt zijn de knoppen kanaal omhoog en omlaag en de slider voor het volume wat ik tot dusver gezien heb.

Hi Lucas,

It’s working now, thank you very much for your quick response!
I wish you a speedy recovery!

Dave

1 Like

De kanaal knoppen zet ik op de todo. Wat werkt er precies niet aan de volume slider, krijg je een foutmelding? Dit zou namelijk sinds versie v0.3.8 goed moeten werken.

Bij gebruik van de slider volume heeft dit geen effect van harder en zachter. Geen foutmelding krijg ik daarvan.

Wel vermeldingswaardig is dat de tv boxen zijn uitgeschakeld en enkel gebruik maak van de hdmi naar mijn home cinema set…

Nice, app is working great, now only misses the direct input choice (hdmi1,2 3 etc), i love the start an app and the option to select all installed apps!

1 Like

Naar mijn weten is het zo dat wanneer je het volume vanuit de app wijzigt, dit alleen invloed heeft op het volume wat uit de speakers van de TV zelf komt en dus niet op eventuele aux, digitale of hdmi audio output.

@B3rt thanks :smiley:

These features/improvements are coming soon:

• More reliable power on behaviour
    Power on action will now work via the TV’s Chromecast interface. This does require you te enable the setting “Switch on with Chromecast”.

• HDMI source selection flow card action (e.g. Change source to HMDI 1)
    Requires an Android TV and Google Assistent to be enabled. This won’t be added as a UI component because there’s no way to detect which source is currently selected.

• AmbiHue (Philips Hue Ambilight integration) improvements
    Flow card trigger (e.g. AmbiHue was turned off), flow card action (e.g. Turn AmbiHue on) and the toggle button in the app will actually represent if it’s turned on or off.

After this, improving the pairing process will be my main goal. But I can’t make any promises that existing issues will be resolved.

Hi Lucas,

Great news, keep up the good work! Especially looking forward to the “power on behavior” improvement!

Dave

1 Like

I tried installing the app again, but I’m again stuck at a pincode incorrect when installing the device.
I thought it i’s a 2016 model

https://IPADDRESS:1926/6/system

{“notifyChange”:“http”,“menulanguage”:“Dutch”,“name”:“Tv”,“country”:“Netherlands”,“serialnumber_encrypted”:“BnqvPP7erV2bEZqZMxgM+Sab8yMyCpilPF1O8PhyNaU=\n”,“softwareversion_encrypted”:“aKWJhP8OOZBvzbOTjWAwJZf4gkPGawPnFBUK2jrwHxY=\n”,“model_encrypted”:“BBiKLsmyZ8TBkMd/8ICEJ/k8mG/GQYWCriFEQfTB8ZE=\n”,“deviceid_encrypted”:“UN9KoLBf/QxnwafbQKegmc9WT1CV9jkP/RdpThYi6ik=\n”,“nettvversion”:“8.1.3”,“epgsource”:“one”,“api_version”:{“Major”:6,“Minor”:2,“Patch”:0},“featuring”:{“jsonfeatures”:{“editfavorites”:[“TVChannels”,“SatChannels”],“recordings”:[“List”,“Schedule”,“Manage”],“ambilight”:[“LoungeLight”,“Hue”,“Ambilight”],“menuitems”:[“Setup_Menu”],“textentry”:[“context_based”,“initial_string_available”,“editor_info_available”],“applications”:[“TV_Apps”,“TV_Games”,“TV_Settings”],“pointer”:[“not_available”],“inputkey”:[“key”],“activities”:[“intent”],“channels”:[“preset_string”],“mappings”:[“server_mapping”]},“systemfeatures”:{“tvtype”:“consumer”,“content”:[“dmr”,“dms_tad”],“tvsearch”:“intent”,“pairing_type”:“digest_auth_pairing”,“secured_transport”:“true”}}}

tried restarting the app, reinstalling it and different JointSpace versions but then it says that it is probably a different api version.

Any idea?