Presence detection recommendation

Hi guys, the latest Homey App update has some fixes for the home/away function. On my phone (iPhone X) it works most of the time, but the iPhone 7s of my wife does not. The system just not detect her coming home… Leaving seems to work fine.

I have the same problem, on my phone as the admin user everything works, on another phone the coming home is not working, leaving is ok.

This never seems to work for me as well. I am always @Home it simply never works.
My wife’s iPhone 10 has the same problem, she seems to be always at home as well.

Yes all settings are correct like the “privacy” settings etc. Why is it so hard to get this working correctly? Pretty useless atm.

Same problem here. I’m always home
Samsung S8+

1 Like

You might want to try changing to the community written “Location and Presence” app for the Homey and the “owntracks” application on your phone. I gave up on the native app for a reliable solution.

Maybe a virtual switch and add it in homekit
Create an automation in HomeKit
Turn of the virtual switch when wife is leaving
Turn on when entering
Then create flow :
When - (name switch) is on
Than - mark as home (name wife)

Homey Wil know when your wife is home
And you can creatie an “away” flow when leaving
Also create an automation in HomeKit of course

1 Like

A week ago I updated my Galaxy S8 to Android 9. Since then the presence detection doesn’t work anymore. Not even sporadically.
Before that it worked really well with the new Homey and Homey app version. I was glad not to have to make the detour via Tasker and webhooks anymore, which was not so reliable.
Since it worked flawlessly in Android 8 I think it is a problem with Android 9. I’ve also already turned off all the battery savers.

homey v2.0 here and android 8 (samsung S8) not working here also

I have a Mate 20 Pro with Android 9…same problem, never worked.

agreed. was not a 9.0 issue

I have the Homey app installed on a phone and a tablet (as a dashboard).

When i leave home and take my phone with me but i leave my tablet at home… What does Homey think?

Will it mark me as away or am i still at home?
Anyone experience with this setup?

You can switch presence on/off for each familymember. Maybe there is the solution

1 Like

I use the IFTTT location applet, works perfect for me.

2 Likes

That is indeed a solution, however one has to switch manually every time one comes home or leave home. In my opinion this should go automatically (via geo or fixed ip/mac adrdress link in router).

Thanks for sharing thoughts!

Possible to share some setup screeners?

Which ones do you use?
I need one for leaving my home/location and one for entering my home/location…

Impatient aye?

1 Like

Fanatic :wink:

I use tile pro beacons and the beacon app. 100% solid!

Searched it, that’s with a token? Tile beacon