Homey Community Forum

Problem controlling roller blinds with scene from Fibaro dimmer 2

I was unsure of which category to put this post, but I decided on this one as I’m not sure where the problem is.

Products involved:
Fibaro FGD-212 (Dimmer 2)
Ikea Trådfri Fyrtur Roller blind

I want to use S2 on the dimmer to control the roller blinds. I have enabled “scene activation” and created two simple flows:

When: “Dimmer 2 scene (momentary)” - “Pressed right (S2) 1x”
Then: “Roller blind” - “Adjust position to 0%”

And,

When: “Dimmer 2 scene (momentary)” - “Pressed right (S2) 2x”
Then: “Roller blind” - “Adjust position to 100%”

When I test the flow from the app, it works just fine. Controlling the blind in other, automated flows also works fine.
However, when I trigger the flow via S2 on the fibaro, the blinds only runs for a second or two, before it stops.

It seems like the flow itself stops running or something?
Based on that theory, I tried to make a workaround by making a separate flow that open av closes the blind, and then use the flow activated on the fibaro to run the flow for the blind. The result is exactly the same. -It works when testing from app, but fails when activated from the switch.

Any tips or ideas?

Hi, You need to enable “Scene activation” under advanced settings for the “Dimmer 2”. I hope this resolves your issue.

Hi Awangens,
Thanks for stepping in. Unfortunately this does not help. If this was the case, there would be no reaction from pressing the scene button at all.

What I’ve found, without updating this post, is that the flows seems to work fine if I set the blinds to a position between 0% and 100%. So I have set the flows to adjust blinds position to 96% for open, and 2% to close, and this works fine.

My conclusion has to be that this is a software related error, but as I’ve found a workaround that works for me, I haven’t bother to look further into it.