Ring Doorbell V2

Dev confirmed on Github it will not be supported.

Ah great another Homey fail, that makes the plugin useless

I was typing a nice reply, but youā€™re an idiot so Iā€™m not going to botherā€¦

5 Likes

Bye. Better start a ā€œWhy i hate Homeyā€ topic before leaving.

Guys please stay on topic please.

just because iā€™m curiousā€¦ Can the maker of the app fix this problem or is it the some sort of problem as the google nest and canā€™t it be fixt?

Today i bought a ring pro and have it work trough IFTTT but it woult be great if it is working directly to homey again :relaxed:

Thatā€™s great advice coming from youā€¦

They are looking into it. But someone mentioned heā€™s having similar problems with the official Ring-app. So maybe itā€™s just a serverside problem for the moment.

Ring is actively blocking access to their API which does not meet their guidelines. So these workarounds will not work very long.

A Homey Ring developer should apply to https://ring.com/partners and rewrite the Ring App the Ring Partner API with OAuth2.
Or maybe Athom should help here. I think Ring is a popular Homey App.

5 Likes

Just created a feature request to have an official Ring app :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the same timeout error with a Doorbell pro. Is there a solution already?

For me the solution via IFTTT works for nowā€¦

Can you share your flow?

In IFTTT it simply starts a flow in Homey. No rocket science

A new version that supports the new API has been made (and is working. I have downloaded it and installed it), but the creator is waiting for it to be approved by Athom before it comes up on the app store.
I heard that Ring has changed their API several times before so it is not the creators fault.

1 Like

Well, I installed the latest version (3.1.4) from Github and was hopeful it worked. After installation it immediately correctly updated the battery level (which was not working anymore before).
But now that I tested motion and ring, I can say itā€™s not working.
I even removed/added the device but it didnā€™t solve the problemā€¦ :disappointed:

Same here unfortunately.
With 2.1.4 I am able to add my doorbell, see battery, grab snapshot - However, generic alarm and motion alarm is not working at all.
Iā€™ve been in contact with the developer since the problems initially started, but he is not able to find a solution.
Iā€™m now using IFTTT.

Funny thing - today everything worked as normal. Suddenly my motion and doorbell flows triggered. Super weird.

Maybe the app is actually working correctly and the problem is situated on the Ring servers, not relaying the ā€˜signalā€™ā€¦
Iā€™ll test when I get home.

Itā€™s already released by athom or did you do cli?

Not yet released. I installed via CLI.

1 Like