ROBB smarrt Z-wave and Zigbee app (v1.5.2 | TEST: v2.1.3)

I came across a minor bug when testing the wireless zigbee dimmer. The dimmer value is being stored in a local tag instead of being linked to the device itself. Running homey v5.0.2

My test flow: https://homey.app/f/vIcY9x

Some additional screenshots

Tag selection:

App:

So if you scroll down to the device itself it isnā€™t there?
ā€œLocal tagā€ only means it is attached to the trigger card you are usingā€¦ So local to that flow.

I donā€™t see it, unless Iā€™m missing something completely :

On a side note. The value that is being set in the variable has too many numbers behind the decimal to be used directly to set a dim value (at least for my device). It would be nice if this could be reduced to one or 2 numbers behind the decimal point so itā€™s not necessary to calculate a value (for me it stops working from 3 numbers behind the decimal point)

Thatā€™s not a bug, but intended behavior.
Since the device is a remote, it does not have an own dim capability; you canā€™t set the dim value of the remote (as an own state).

The wireless dimmer acts as a remote, where the implementation within Homey is the flow trigger card. Therefore the dim value will only be available as a local tag, to be only used within flows.

Iā€™m not aware of a limitation that the dim level only accepts a 2 or 3 digits behind the decimal point. Iā€™ll verify and update the driver if needed.

Aha, I completely misinterpreted the way these variables work. Thanks for the clarification!

Thanks for checking the decimal value too.

I just did some debugging and the listener to set/change the dim level (changeDimLevel/ZigBeeLightDevice.js) is just not triggered whan there are 3 or more numbers behind the decimal point. I made it to the point of seeing that registerMultipleCapabilityListener in Device.js is not triggered in that case. I think itā€™s a limitation of how these events are triggered by Homey.

Is there ever any use of having so much detail for the dim level?

hi all, i have a few of the 2 button and one 8 button zigbee switch now.
on and off working fine here. but anyone can help with a flow for dimming (long press).
Cant make it to work here.

I have noticed that there are 2 different ways devices handle long presses:

• keep sending long press signal during long press with a certain interval. Send long press released command once when stopping long press.
  • send long press signal once. Send long press released once when stopping long press. (my experience is that this is mostly used. Probably to conserve battery)

Depending on how your device works, your flows will be different.

There are also quite some examples on this forum already. In essence, you will calculate and dim value at the start of the long press. Then you will recalculate the dim value in a certain time interval (use a timer or the delay functionality) as long as the long press is not released or the long press signal is still being sent.

Eg for the second way of working with a timer:

• Flow 1: if scene = long press then set start dimming flow (flow 2)
  • Flow 2: if this flow is started, then dim lights to (relative) value, start timer (eg: 1 second)
  • Flow 3: if timer is finished, then start dimming flow (flow 2)
  • Flow 4: if scene = long press released, then stop timer

As mentioned, there are quite some ways to tackle this. You could also work by checking if a value is changed (eg: light dimming value is changed) instead of working with a timer.

Hey @TedTolboom,

In September '20 you wrote a post that the device mentioned below would be added in the next release

Has it already been added? I donā€™t see it anywhere in the changelogs or mentioned in the devices on the Homey Robb Smart app page.

By the way, thanks for al your work. I really like the apps you develop for Homey and Iā€™m a happy user thus far.

Edit: ook benieuwd of dit product al ondersteund wordt:

Lost all touchlink connections with my zigbee 8 button after v5. The remote never functioned (never send a signal to homey) but this was not really a problem. Since the touchlink stopped working and athom updated the zigbee core i tried to remove and add the remote. Unfortunally, i cant add it anymore. It says itā€™s still presentā€¦? Rebooted homey 3x.

Any idea? Canā€™t find the device in developer

Did you also do a PtP?

Ptp?

Pull the Plug from your Homey for at least 11 minutes. Then start Homey again and wait about half an hour.

I have bought a 5 channel remote control (zwave).
No problem with Inclusion. But when i add flows using the button pressed trigger or scene trigger nothing happens when i press a button. The led on the remote light up. so de remote is working. Also when i wake-up the remote by pressing the all-on and all-of simultaneously and send a testframe in Homey developer, i get a green TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_OK. So i think the device is working.

I have excluded and included the remote more then ones and also done a factory reset but nothing seems to help

I have the latest Homey firmware (7.0) and also the latest Robb Smarrt app
Does anyone has tips of how to solve this?

Hi Tjeerd, thanks for reporting.

I have received more reports, based on that I suspect that a breaking change is introduced by Athom in Homeyā€™s v7 Z-wave update. Iā€™ll have a look and will push a fix to the App Store this evening.

1 Like

Hello @TedTolboom, Have you managed to solve this issue?

No, the problem is more complex than expected and appears not to be caused by a change that can be resolved in the app itself.
This problem appears to be similar in origin to the problem as observed with the MCO home app (both related to Z-wave plus S2 devices) where the switches can be operated, but do not report back in Homey. Similar to the remote / wall controller of this app.

Athom development is looking with highest priority into this issue within Homeyā€™s Z-wave core and together with Robbshop we are supporting where we can.

Iā€™ll provide an update as soon as possible.

Any update regarding this issue?

H @TedTolboom, I know you are working to get the z-wave remotes working again with Athom. I own a lot of 4 button remotes and I use these with both scenes and associations (2 buttons associated, the other two control scenes). I am a bit worried assoiciations still wonā€™t work for me after things are fixed, because of this:

I used to add all of these as a Walli to force unsecure inclusion, and I did the same with my Fibaro dimmers. This worked fine. However, the workaround to add insecure no longer works as of formware V7 as they changed the flag to force insecure inclusion. So now my newly added push buttons are included S2 secure.

My dimmers are all hard to reach, and a.f.a.i.k. you cannot get associations to work if the associated devices are on different security levels. Will there be a way to add the buttons insecure again? I own about 20 of these buttons and corresponding dimmers/switches and I would not want include all these anew.

1 Like

@TedTolboom do you have an update? iā€™m also curious about this switch