Set device as ‘light’

Hello, I have added a few zooz light switches. They add and work fine, but do not show up under the ‘light’ categories. Any ideas on how to set a switch to identify as a light in homey. (Zooz zen72, zen77, zen32)

1 Like

Select 1 switch, click cogwheel upper right. See if there is a “Plugged in” option, if so, select it and select “light”, then save.

Same issue, there is nothing visible to change the device type to reflect that these are all lights.

1 Like

… and since it is not classified as “light” or “plug”, the Homey Alexa skill doesn’t see any of these devices from what I can tell.

1 Like

Thank you for providing the screen shot Austin. The advanced settings also do not have any mechanism for changing the designation of the switch to a “light“

I think only the app developer can help out here. Maybe he can change the capability for the switch into “socket” if you request that.
Then anyone can choose which type is “plugged in”, f.e. Light, or TV, or fan and such.
https://github.com/koktail-nl/com.getzooz.issues/issues/new/choose

(Support links are available at the app store app pages)

1 Like

Thanks, I posted to the developers GitHub site a few weeks ago. Sadly no response.