Smart Implant of garage door and automatic gates

That worked! Increased pulse time to .5 second, and now it works every time. Thank you.
I had some issues with range which was solved with a range extender.

lør. 21. nov. 2020 kl. 11:19 skrev Dirk G. via Homey Community Forum

Hi guys! Thanks for worth investigation you have done on this topics. I have three Smart Implant. Work all, but I am afraid some detail I have wrongly set up. Temp is okay as well. I didn’t have any other sensor (reed sensor etc) included yet.
My problem is that when I push button => it lit stays lit-up then I have to touch it again to deactivate (grey out) and then I again touch when lit-up to stop movement.

I would like to have after touch to not stay as active = lit up, but grey out after lets say second or two.
How can I this set up please?

Sorry, but don’t understand absolutely not what you mean.
Can you describe the problem in a little more detail? Maybe you can post the parameters in the advanced settings. How is the SI connected?

Sorry…, When I want to activate opening/or closing the door I must touch the icon twice. Would be have to have it like on my remote NICE. One push open, second push stop

Not sure but 1 sec might be too long to close the contact. I have mine set to 0.5 secs.

You might also benefit from setting up a virtual device for each gate action. Then you can specify which output you want to toggle. You have more control then. I have it set up like this and it works perfectly.

Try to make it a push button

As @CB83 say, you have to Type input 1 into Push button / momentary button.
And as @Peter_Bittner has already suggested, I would reduce the pulse time. But you have to try that out.

Btw, with the use of WebHooks it is possible to open and close the gates/garage doors by voice command (Apple Siri, probably also with Google Assistant).

thank you. Will try all out by weekend.
Cheers Marian

Hi. I’m using the smart implant for my garage door openers connected as the diagram shows.
Smart Implant garage door
The door opener is an old “dumb” one that only gets a pulse for open or close. So far I have implemented the Open/Close function and it works ok. I have used both outputs from SI and a micro switch on the chain to detect the position of the door. Thus I can send one command for “open” and another for “close”
To make the outputs momentary, I sent the raw config params “156,2,10;157,2,10” to the SI. Works fine. I found these parameters in the forum somewhere, but I have not been able to find an overview of parameters.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some definition of these (and other) parameters. I would like to fully understand how to use them.

1 Like

Sorry. The diagram is not correct. Trying again…

Thats realy hard to find (without Google :wink: ) Look at:

scroll down to: Advanced parameters

Thanks very much. That was just what I was looking for. :smiley:

1 Like

Looking for a way to improve the smartness of my door opener. My garage door had an impulse button on the inside and two remote controls to open the door from the outside. Two is not enough :wink:. Besides, I’m looking for a way to use my Homey.

Reading your way of connecting the SI, do I understand it correctly that you didn’t connect your current impulse button to the SI? You powered the SI with an adapter and connected the output of your SI directly to the motor of the door opener? Or did you connect the SI to the closing side and of the impulse button? Have you got some pictures of the way you connected it?
Using the Homey app to activate the SI, the SI sends a signal on its output connection to the motor of the door opener. Do I understand it correctly?

Yes

No. The output of the SI is also connected to the clamps where the external impulse button is connected to.

No, sorry. SI was installed only for a very short time. Meanwhile, I use an integration of Hörmann and Homematic, even if the SI worked perfectly.
Also, it depends on the garage door opener, how to connect the SI. A photo of my connection diagram would only help if you had the same garage door opener.

As I wrote before, the SI must be connected to the clamps of the external impulse button. Then the SI acts in the same way like the external impulse button.
It makes no difference whether you control the SI with the Homey app or by voice command (e.g. with Siri Shortcuts and WebHooks).

1 Like

First, thanks for your quick reply!

I think I understand things almost correctly now. Few more questions: you say you connected the SI to the clamps. Are those the clamps of the pulse button (on the inside, where the cable to the motor of the door opener is connected), or the clamps on the motor itself? I suppose on the pulse button, just asking to be sure.

What power supply did you use for the SI?

Have you got experience with a Fibaro relay switch? Works on 230V. Or is a SI more than sufficient?

You say you switched to another solution. Why was it, as you say the SI worked well enougj.

I said:

So your first question has already been answered.

You can use any power supply that meets the specification shown in the manual. However, I recommend a power supply with at least 12 V, better 18 or 24 V.

No, sorry.

In my opinion the advantage of the SI is that additional contact sensors or proximity sensors can be connected to check if the garage door is open or closed.

Because I wanted to try something different. :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Peter

| fantross
August 13 |

• | - |

Roger_Gorissen:

you say you connected the SI to the clamps

I said:

fantross:

The output of the SI is also connected to the clamps where the external impulse button is connected to.

So your first question has already been answered.

Roger_Gorissen:

What power supply did you use for the SI?

You can use any power supply that meets the specification shown in the manual. However, I recommend a power supply with at least 12 V, better 18 or 24 V.

Roger_Gorissen:

Have you got experience with a Fibaro relay switch?

No, sorry.

Roger_Gorissen:

Or is a SI more than sufficient?

In my opinion the advantage of the SI is that additional contact sensors or proximity sensors can be connected to check if the garage door is open or closed.

Roger_Gorissen:

Why was it, as you say the SI worked well enougj.

Because I wanted to try something different. :man_shrugging:t3:

It might be worth knowing what kind of garage door opener you have anyway. I have never had an external impulse button and therefore don’t understand the “clamps” comment. I have only ever used RF Remotes, but the door opener does have connections at the back of it that an impulse switch I.e. an SI, can be connected to. Often you can also get you power from the door opener.
Totally agree with Fantross re the advantage of the SI. I connect a simple magnetic reed relay switch to my SI inputs and it can tell me if the garage door is open or closed. As there are 2 inputs I also use a reed switch on the side door of my garage to alarm that door as well, even though I only use 1 output. There is even a way to have the state inputs to be monitored by the Surveillance App which is very handy.
The SI is a great solution, it took me ages to finally work out how to get it working with help from @DirkG and others, but now that it is working it has been 100% reliable.

1 Like

Hi!
@Peter_Bittner What is the separate Raw Command Data for in/out1 and in/out2?

I have read somewhere, that something has changed.

Thank you guys!

What are you trying to achieve?

Peter

| Nekem8
December 13 |

• | - |

Hi!
@Peter_Bittner What is the separate Raw Command Data for in/out1 and in/out2?

I have read somewhere, that something has changed.

Thank you guys!