Trigger Delay

Hi,

Anyone knows how to add a delay to a trigger in a flow?

I have a Telldus Magnetic Sensor switch at a door and a Vision Garage Door Detector and when they trigger I want the flow to wait for a certain amount of time (e.g. 3 minutes) before the flow continues and send me a push notification. But only if the sensor is still open, if I have closed the garage door during that delay time the flow should not send the notification.

The idea with this flow is just to send me a notification that someone forgot to close the Garage door and I don’t want a notification each and every time it opens.

BR /// Per-Erik

You need two flows for this:

1. When the door sensor triggers, then start countdown timer (this is an app in the store)
  2. When countdown timer is empty, and sensor is open, then send notification

You might need a third flow, like flow 1, but for the other sensor.
Also, I’m not sure if you can check the state of the sensor in flow 2. If not, you need to create another flow for when the door closes and then stop the countdown timer.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response, I got it to work according to your instruction. :smiley:

Hi, I’m new on Homey and i follow your instructions but i have a little difference.
I have actually 6 sensor door/window and i want to get the device name on my notification.

Is it possible to manage all my devices with only these 2 flows or i need 1 counter per sensor, so 2 flows per sensor ?

Thanks a lot

Each sensor needs one flow to trigger a timer start. If you put the name in a variable in each of these flows, you could do with one flow for the message, where you use the variable as the name.

However, if multiple doors open before the message is given, you will only get the last message. If this is not acceptable, then all six need their own timer and message flow. In that case you do not use a variable.

I stand corrected​:+1:, al beit my diswasher door would start sending messages as well :grinning:, but that can be prevented with and and clause.