Tuya has officially joined the “Talks With Homey” program

Wow, thats really great and big news!! So many (rebranded) Tuya devices out there :slight_smile:
Thanks for your effort creating the new app!

2 Likes

I Hope that new app will be compatible also with od homey like 2016/2019

Can you give me link to beta version?

The API doesn’t even exist yet.

2 Likes

No worries! The App will be available for both the new and old Homey Pro, and it wil also be available for Homey Cloud users :wink:

That’s exactly how it will work! :raised_hands:

Yes, you’ll most likely have to connect those devices to the Tuya SmartLife App, afterwards you can add them to Homey.

3 Likes

So, if I understand it correctly, no Tuya hub is needed as your Tuya cloud will act as a hub. The weakest link will then obviously be the Tuya cloud, but hey…you gotta accept some risks every now and then :slight_smile:

Tuya WiFi devices don’t need a hub, they talk directly with the Tuya Cloud via their internet connection.

You would still need a Hub for their Zigbee and BLE devices.

And for those ZigBee devices my Homey is the hub

True, but for unsupported devices one can choose to use a Tuya zigbee hub and use it per Tuya cloud. Not optimal of course, but when you’re waiting for Tuya zigbee app support for your specific device(s), it might do for the time being :blush:

This is interesting, Tuya is much welcome as a official Homey-App :smiley: Thank you for sharing the news, @Doekse :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great news!!!
Got lot’s of tuya devices that works flawlessly, but to be able to get them to interact with my Homey properly, without having a developer account etc. is a great step forward. Well done!

Nice to hear. Many will find it much easier in the future. Tuya supports a lot of things. :smiley:

This is great news. A New Tuya app for Homey

Great news! Any update on the timelines?

What do you mean? Tuya is not gonna promise you to deliver the app at a certain Monday in May I suppose…

Like Doekse already wrote:

This most probably means, the actual app will appear somewhere this year hopefully. API is not APP.

To give an update; The Tuya team came to visit our office last Monday to run through a couple of topics together. They are still planning to release our API endpoints by the end of this month. Afterwards we can get to work on the Tuya App for Homey. Not promising anything, but I don’t think building the App wil take more than a month :wink: :+1:

8 Likes

Any chances Tuya will provide a local API via their Zigbee hubs?
Or add more device types via Matter Bridge?

The Tuya App for Homey will work via the Tuya / SmartLife Cloud, it won’t have a local API.

In regards to supported device types over Matter this is something you should ask Tuya :grin:

2 Likes

Sounds good!

Any chance you’ll be including white label devices such as the Clean Air Optima line?