Homey Community Forum

Which RFID Tag reader / securitycode keypad to use

Hi,

I am looking for a keypad that has a RFID tag reader and also accepts a 4-6 digit code.
I want to use this for setting/disarming the alarm built with Homey.

I also want to be able to see in Homey which person or which tag/code was used to disarm the alarm.

The Benext is not available anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hello,

I’m using the Zipato WT-IRFID-EU

That one actually is the same as the Benext (rebranded??).
I think the Zipato keypad also is not available at the moment/anymore.
In Robbshop it even says EOL.

Hello,

I built my own solution based om m5Stack and MQTT. Connect to Homey and Home Assistant. M5stack with face and RFID reader cost aprox 50,00 euro.

The entire project, including a manual is on GitHub

Gr. Remco

Sorry, in France we can still find it in few online shops
https://www.espace-domotique.fr/fr/recherche?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=zipato+rfid&submit_search=

@rhannink
Your solution only accepts RFID tags and there is no possibility to enter a security code to disarm the alarm, am I right?

@Sylv1
Unfortunately I cannot order the Zipato keypad at the store you bought yours. It does not ship to the Netherlands. And because it probably is End Of Line I think it is better not to buy, one just in case I get problems in the next 2 years. I’m not sure w.r.t. warranty if they can fix it or ship a new one if it can’t be fixed.

You’re right, sorry it wasn’t helpful…

@Jos_Stultjens,

That correct, I only use RFID keyfob, smartcards or stickers to disarm the alarm. You could use the 3 buttons to enter a pincode, or you could replace teh RFID reader below the screen for a numeriek keypad. Both is not possible.

Gr. Remco

No problem, all suggestions are welcome.

If you don’t want a DIY Solder/program solution, look at this
Just combine two cheap parts (available from anywhere) and you got a RFID/Keypad zwave solution.

Link to manual

Gr. Remco

I have talked to a Robbshop employee about that solution, but, using the Firbaro smart implant, it only can set the alarm and disarm the alarm when the code/tag is accepted
It does not share the code or RFID tag ID with Homey, so I cannot determine who disarmed the alarm.