[Abandoned] deCONZ

Docker is the way to go imo. I’ll try and create an easy to follow manual to install later today. At least, if my two days old son lets me :wink:

1 Like

That would be awesome! I struggled and failed, and agree that Docker is the way to go. And - if you do find the time - please (pretty please) also find some time to deal with the port issue. In my case I need to have Web Station running too, which needs port 80…

Thanks and good luck with son :slight_smile:

Don’t be to concerned about the range. Mine was in the hallway and a sensor 30 meters away still responded, without repeaters.
Sadly my synology nas was to slow to run HomeAssistant so I upgraded my memory. That gave more problems so I removed the memory and now my Docker won’t run anymore. I should put the memory back in again, make a backup of my docker, remove the memory, remove and reinstall docker and try it again. Maybe then I can put the conbee in my syno :slight_smile: I thinks it is the most reliable option for now…

I also have a Synology with docker available. What I would like is to create a vlan with my second NIC and assign that to my deCONZ config (instructions on the web). I already have all my smart home stuff in a vlan. I would say: a new challenge for me. :kissing:
A manual would help me started with setting things up. :+1:t2:

I don’t have any experience with it myself, but it looks like you can create a Docker macvlan network which bridges with an existing network interface (which would be your second NIC).

1 Like

Yes, that’s the thing. I wanted to have the docker image running on port 80 and 443 too, but didn’t want to cripple my Synology.

I’ve started with the guide but now have to stop. Maybe tomorrow. You can already have a looksy:

https://blog.hoogenbosch.cloud/deconz-and-phoscon-docker/

– new url, changed wordpess version.

2 Likes

Looks good! Many thanks in advance! Looking forward to the complete story for this docker setup. :slightly_smiling_face:

Tomorrow afternoon is my time to start working on a new setup. In the mean time I also found a nice explanation how to install pi-hole in docker. Also with macvlan.

Please be mindful you can only create 1 network based on macvlan. So if you want to have more IP’s available inside the network be sure to create a ‘big’ enough network.

Although a little bit offtopic, but I have never gotten pi-hole to work decently on my docker system. I’m running that on a separate raspberry pi. And come to think of it, I like it this way a lot better. Now my DNS is separate from my NAS, which means I can reboot and update the NAS without interrupting our family.

1 Like

Yesterday I created my deCONZ docker with macvlan network. I followed the how-to guide from @Martijn_Hoogenbosch. This was a good guide but not all steps were the same for me.

I faced some problems with the creation from the macvlan. In the guide Martijn mentioned to define the aux address (–aux-address ‘host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx’). This gave an error in mijn docker config. So I removed the line. After removing this line the macvlan was created successfully.

Next step for me was to find the USB device. I found this with dmesg. That went smooth.

After preparing everything it was time to setup the docker for marthoc/deconz.
Here I have some questions:

• In the post on GitHub (link), there is a command sudo usermod -a -G dialout $USER does anybody ran this successfully? I do get a error message.

• In the commandline for installing deCONZ docker there is the line for the local folder:
    -v /opt/deconz:/root/.local/share/dresden-elektronik/deCONZ
    I changed this to
    -v /volume1/docker/deconz:/root/.local/share/dresden-elektronik/deCONZ
    But this folder will stay empty. Does someone also points to a different folder? Is something in that folder?

Also in the docker settings I changed the DECONZ_VNC_MODE to 1 and assigned a password to be able to use the VNC viewer.

After entering the command line the docker will be started with no errors. Next I browsed to the assigned ip address and get the Phoscon-GW website.

So in general, I added my deCONZ Docker to my IoT vlan via macvlan (where Homey is located too), I logged in into the new setup, I restored the backup from my old deCONZ setup, I removed the old (unofficial) deCONZ app in Homey, I reinstalled the new official app, did the discovery in the app, and I added all my devices to Homey. At the end everything is working like a charm!

@Martijn_Hoogenbosch, thanks again for your guide! With this guide, and the guide for the pi-hole docker, I managed to get it working in one try.

Great job!

Once I find the time, I will give it a try too.

I’ve finished the guide, hopefully it’s clear @dthiemann the dailout group doesn’t exist, thus not applicable for Synology users. The directories should have been changed, so that’s great! It stays empty until the docker container has been shutdown I believe, it will be filled with some content, if that’s not the case, it could be a rights issue. Maybe you then should consider running the container as root.

1 Like

I have checked my deCONz folder after a restart. And indeed, there was data stored. After reading your complete guide I have decided to create the same folders for this docker (data & firmware). Looks a little nicer.

Next step for me is try to update the IKEA firmware. First will search this forum to see if someone already has written some essential information. :upside_down_face:

That’s easy :wink:, download firmware and choose update… maybe different topic though :wink:

@MadMonkey
There’s an interesting thing going on when adding and using groups.
I have a flow that makes the lights of a group to flash long.
Funny enough, it’s working. Lights are flashing, but on a different group :smiley:
trippled checked the conbee2 groups, and the flow. Any idea what’s going on?

have sort of the same thing hear. Groups scenes ar all mixed up. Also if you want to select a scene in, for example the kitchen only the scenes of the living room are shown. Strange the writer of the app was going to work on a work around

Hi all,
I recently bought my first conbee II stick and connected my IKEA devices (symfonisk remote, tradfri remote, tradfri square switch) through the deCONZ app with homey.

While playing around with the new devices, I recognized that every event triggers a homey flow always 5 times.

Has anybody the same problem and a working solution?

Homey version: 4.2.0
deCONZ app: 1.12.0
Phoscon: 2.5.80
conbee firmware: 0X264A0700

Logged events with SimpleLog:

I had the BIG problem that my complete deCONZ setup was messed up. Lost connection with my Conbee 2 stick and was not recoverable. Backup was also not working. Searched the internet but it seemed that I was not the only one who had this problem. Bottomline… I had to do a complete reinstall. :frowning:

What I notice is that the lights are responding faster after the new setup.
But in the Homey app I have some serious problems with turning lights on or off. When you press the button in the app the light is 3 out of 5 times not turned on or off. This same behavior is in my flows. I.E the lights in the garden should turn on at sunset. When I go to the Phoscon webpage and turn the gardenlights off and back on everything turns on. Very strange and annoying!

Does anybody experience the same?

Can’t say i recognize the issue. Been using deCONZ for a few months now and have nearly now issues. Had one issue over the last month and that doesn’t look like what you are explaining.

And again I lost my complete deCONZ configuration. After a rebuild everything was working fine. Until a reboot from the docker. To make sure docker was not the problem I installed it on my RPi. But after a few hours And a restart exactly the same problem occurd. Strange!

I reconfigured all my light in the Ikea bridge for now. Maybe I will try after a software update from phoscon/deconz.

Sounds like a problem with mapping the folders on your device. But that doesn’t explain the pi problems. Did you follow the guide I wrote for the docket?