[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge)

Good evening, the update to v5 caused that all Hue lamps and switches were removed.
It is also not possible anymore to add Hue zigbee devices. Ikea zigbee repeater works corrctly after adding it. Hue not.
I tried with a restart of the zigbee network and eventually Homey but without success.
Als removing the Hue app and adding it again doesn’t work.
Is there still a known error with v5 and hue app 2.0.12?
Anything else I can try to make it work again?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Is it safe to update now to V5

Will the most apps work or ?

Look just one post up…

V5 is not an update (yet), it’s an experimental fase with bugs which needs to be fixed.

I understand that.

I think I’m wait to the final !
Thanks for answering

Anytime.

Good morning, yesterday I als tried to give one of the lamps a factory reset with the Philips Hue app. After that it was still not possible to add the lamp in the hue app of Homey.

Firmware v5 has known issues with adding devices. The problem is almost certainly not caused by the app, but by the Zigbee core implementation. You should contact Athom (support@athom.com) to try and see if they can help you.

1 Like

Athom shall be releasing fixed v5 version “soon”, they are already doing internal testing on it. Hopefully soon doesn’t mean months…

1 Like

I made a diagnostic report and sent it to support. Let’s see what they reply.

In the meanwhile I am still curious if there is somebody here who can make some suggestions to try and solve it.

Or not to solve it but at least help support with more information.

Hi Johan, did you already had the chance to have a look about the additional settings for the philips hue motion sensor? Regards

Hi @Martin_Tschanun, I’v bee testing some code but have nothing ready yet. Been busy with family and work a few days :smiley: But it looks promising.

1 Like

^Hi Johan, great thanks for the update and enjoy family time.

Two things,
@Mark1541 maybe you can check it by yourself :slight_smile: invent in this
At the moderator off this board, split this to a new separate topic. the use off Lidl Device’s

1 Like

Was the code I provided helpful?

@Max_Menther, it was informative :slight_smile:
The Zigbee documentation is quite easy so follow as long as vendors stick to it, when they don’t… :crazy_face: :smile:

1 Like

@johan_bendz , or community, just in case you would have some ideas. Have you ever experienced issue where Philips Hue Zigbee devices were almost not routing/acting as routers in the network ?
I just wonder what could be the issue, as I have about ~60 devices, Aqara / 10 x Phillips / 6 x IKEA and Aqara for some reason ignore Philips Hue and also Philips does not route between themselves / not creating mesh at least based on Homey Developer Tools . I was hoping I can get rid of just dedicated IKEA routers thanks to the switch to your app (I switched together with v5) but recently I faced issue I was not able to add any new Zig-bee device until I added new IKEA router…
I guess you as app developer can’t influence routing capabilities, or ?
When I did perform node interview, I see Philips has “endpointId”: 11, while all IKEA has “endpointId”: 1 - but I have 0 knowledge about ZigBee so it could be nonsense. Thank you.

Hi @Sharkys, what you describe is a generic Homey Zigbee issue and not related to the app. There has been some know issues with routing and pairing etc, that’s why you see quite a number of release candidates… Athom fixing those issues. I find the latest release candidates much more stable and hope your problems will be over when a Live Firmware 5 arrive :slight_smile:

Btw, “endpoints” is Zigbee specifications for the devices attributes, it is not related to networking :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @johan_bendz, actually my first serious issues started on RC43, where I lost connections to 3 devices and I had to re-pair them… But that’s little bit OT, as those where not Philips. Thank you anyway for reply and great job :slight_smile:

Btw - just to let others know - in case you have question marks for some devices like I had even after weeks, that seems to be reason why Philips Hue devices particularly were not routing/meshing with Aqara/Xiaomi devices (even those with ? were just Aqara devices) - I simply removed and re-added those Aqara with ? (almost for each device I tried to re-add I require PTP Homey ) - now it seems I have none device in ? status and - I see some routes already via Philips Hue as well. Let’s see how stable that will be.

Hello @johan_bendz,

I’m currently running on Homey v5.0.0-rc.46 and Philips-Hue-Zigbee v2.0.12
When trying to add my Centura GU10 lights to homey using your app, it is added as a generic device.
In Advanced Settings it says:
Manufacturer ID: Philips
Product ID: 5045148P7
I cannot see a product or service ID however.

Could you check this and allow me to incorporate the lights more appropriately please? I’d love to be able to play with their colours :slight_smile:

Many thanks in advance!

EDIT: I also tried to interview it in Homey Developer Tools, but I keep getting timeout errors (the light does switch on and off a few times during the process though, so it responds to signals. I can also switch it on and off as generic device)