[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

New app update (live: 2.11.14):

Changes:

• FIX: Floodcam pairing

CC: @E_V1 can you check if this fixes it for you?

1 Like

Hi Martijn, I think you found the root cause. Pairing is possible now ;-). I will explore the app soon.
Thanks for your kind and fast support.

2 Likes

Great! There was something missing for the floodcam so it broke during pairing.

1 Like

Martijn is always on it :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Martijn, some time ago I asked for an option to restart the homebase with homey and that has worked for a few days but that option is now not available for some time. Is this coming back as an option?

I also asked for a beeping sound on the keypad when the alarm is activated and other sensors than Eufy are triggered. Aqara sensors in my case.
Is this still something that will come?

Thanks.

Hey @Heula ,
Yes I see that I never reported back.
The restart of the Homebase is still not working. The command gets rejected and the Homebase is still on.
I checked this 2 months ago so will do a re-check for that.

About the keypad, I tried a lot of things and it’s still on my to-do list. But it seems like this is not possible. Because of the internal flow system of Eufy. Somehow it’s not possible to mimic that.

I’ll report back to you
Thanks for the reminder :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks.:+1:t2:

1 Like

Not sure if this issue I experience now is after the last update but I will try to explain it.

I have 3 virtual devices that shows me the alarm mode with Eufy.

When a mode has changed the virtual device is set to that mode and the other two are turned off.
It worked flawless and now it doesn’t anymore.
The other way around it works just fine so when I turn on the virtual device for away the away mode is selected on eufy.
It looks like when a mode os triggered by eufy itself it isn’t passed through to the flow to run. When I run the fliw manually it runs fine and the virtual device is set as expected.

I hope I have explained the issue well enough?

7881d3bf-91a6-4f44-8541-e2e769a5e93f

Thanks

Hey @Heula ,
It depends on the device you’re using.
Stand alone device (like the indoor cams) do not report their alarm status to Homey.

Homebase based devices do.
What I see in the diagnostic report is that the notifications are not enabled for the security modes.
Can you check if those are enabled in the Eufy app?

Homebase → notifications → bottom 3 should be enabled

@Heula also make sure to enable this setting on the Homebase device within Homey:

The Force Homebase Notification

Because somehow Eufy turns the sliders to off (previous image). So every 30 minutes Homey send a true signal for those sliders.

I checked and it was off now but I think because I have restarted several things to try to fix it. I restarted the Homebase and I think that was the reason two of the three were disabled. Enabled now and forcing them to be on was already on.

What I see after enabling them again and that was what I already saw the first time is that when I select a mode in the Eufy app the virtual devices are coming along just fine.
The issue is when I select a mode from within Homey with eufy app.
Even when I create a test flow that just selects a mode the virtual devices don’t come along.
When selecting a mode in Homey it is also selected in the Eufy app.

Sounds weird but this is what happens. I hope you make chocolate of it. :wink:

Hmm I think i get what you’re saying. But even when you select a mode form Homey to Eufy it should also trigger a Eufy notification which is picked up by Homey.

Like this:
ezgif.com-gif-maker

Hey!
Is Floodlight Camera 2K supported as well?
I see it in EufySecurity app configuration page, but when try to add devices nothing shows up.

Hey @KristapsM ,
Correct.
T8424 was not added to the pairing.

Added it in the latest app update.

You can update the app from the apps section in the Homey app.

New app update (live: 2.11.15):

Changes:

• FIX: floodlight 2K pairing - add T8424

The camera now is available in devices window, but i cannot select it when creating flows. It does not exisit when i choose EufySecurity app in flows.

@KristapsM did you pair the device already?

Can you share a screenshot of what you mean with flows ?

Create new flow → add WHEN card → choose Eufy Security app → Floodlight Camera is not present there.

@KristapsM can you share a report with me?

More → Apps → Eufy Security → Settings wheel right top → Send diagnostic report