[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Sent (22af6814-d496-450f-8545-8d05abd92853)

New app update (live: 2.11.16):

Changes:

• FIX: capability checker for Floodlight - remove old checks

@KristapsM made a small fix. There was a old checks which interfered now :wink:

I have two standalone 2K indoor cams. One is working fine and has a local ip adress. The other one has not (84.107. …). What do I have to do to make this second cam work with Homey? I can use it in flows but it won’t change it’s status or on/off state.

Hey @Kevjan ,
Change the IP to a internal IP inside the Eufy Homey app settings.
You can find it in your router probably

Hi Martijn, I tried to use my eufy sensor to turn on the light in my hall when I get home but it doesn’t work. When I run the flow manually it works just fine.
Should this work or is this sensor not made for that?

Thanks.

Hey @Heula ,
Yes it should work, but you need to enable the notifications for the sensor. Otherwise Homey cannot pick up the event.

Do you have them enabled?

off topic: I’m working on the restart Homebase again, but no luck yet. :confused:

Hi Martijn,
I have 2 questions:

• If I change security mode in Homey app it doesnt work on de EUFY app. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. I have an internal IP adres and no 2FA enabled. I get network request failed.
  • What should the internal IP adres for the Pan & Tilt cam be? If I look in the EUFY app I see a 217… ip adres

thanks!
Martijn

Hey @Martijn_O,

1. Is this also for the Pan&Tilt? Once you get the network request failed can you send me a report?

More → Apps → Eufy Security → Settings wheel right top → Send diagnostic report

1. Eufy changed that :frowning:
    Normally it showed the internal IP.
    I’ll make a fix for that to find the IP on the network. For the time being you can check in your router to find the IP. Or use something like a LanScan on your phone to see all the device in the network.

I tried to change the setting but now it doesnt do anything, no Network Request Failed but also no change in setting.

I don’t understand what you mean with your question about pan&tilt? I cannot find a card to change the alarm setting for this camera.

1. Ok thanks!

Should have thought of that myself. It was off in home mode. It does work now.

If it is not possible than it is no problem. You don’t need to spent too much time on something that is not possible.

Thanks

1 Like

@Martijn_O I’m not sure which camera you are talking about. That’s why I asked. :wink:

Your first point was about a network request failed. I asked if that was also about the Pan&Tilt camera.

Edit: Checking the diagnostic report

Oh my apologies. I meant the security mode for the homebase…

@Martijn_O It seems that the Homebase gets a timeout on the IP address
Can you make sure the IP is a fixed/static IP?
It might be that the IP changed and now Homey cannot find it anymore.

You can also restart the app. Then Homey will update the IP if it was changed.

adding the IP check for the indoor cam now :slight_smile:

New app update (live: 2.12.0):

Changes:

• NEW: add IP checker/changer for stand-alone cameras

CC: @Martijn_O @Kevjan - This will automatically update the IP address for the Indoor Camera. (if it can be found in the network)

Restarting the app fixed it. :slight_smile:
And IP adres for the pan&tilt looks also local now :slight_smile:

thanks!

1 Like

@Martijn_O Nice! You’re welcome!

I’ll probably add a scheduled event later which checks the IP every night or so. So this keeps updated even when the IP changes.

Any news about getting geofencing without homebase ?

Hey @mattrix ,
Can you elaborate your question?

At the current moment Geofencing is working for the Homebase and can be used in Homey.

Everything seems to be OK now. Thanks for quick response! :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@KristapsM Super! :ok_hand: