[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Hey @Tijs
Oh that’s unfortunate.
Can you send me a diagnostic report?

More → apps → Eufy Security → settings wheel right top → send diagnostic report

I’ll check what’s going wrong with your Doorbell :slight_smile:

Hi Martijn,

I managed to get it working by reinstall your app. Sorry, i actually should have tried that first. I had a version installed a couple of months ago. I think it was already up to date. Not sure why it is solved now. That number was my home base device id.

Thanks for the quick response!

Tijs

1 Like

Hey @Tijs ,
Yes exactly. So that was my suggestion actually.
So all the Homebase / Standalone devices are stored in a object.
Based on that we can use those HUBS to trigger commands.

Somehow the doorbell was added but the HUB didn’t show up in the HUBS object. (I think :stuck_out_tongue: )

Good that it works now, and I know what to fix :wink:

Found out that in homey even if it sais username still needs the email input and not the username input

Hey guys and Martin. I had an idea regarding the doorbell.
Would it be possible somehow, to creat a flow that when the motion sensor of doorbell detects motion, to say a welcome message? Or an instruction message?

1 Like

I’m unable to add my second camera. Is this a problem? I see there"s a local ip in the config, but I hope that doesn’t mean it can only handle one camera.

Yes its email. As far as I know theres no such thing as a username for Eufy

Don’t mind me. I was being stupid. Forgot to share the camera. All is working once I got my act together…

1 Like

@PanagiotisManolis yes that’s possible.
You can trigger quick responses.

You can add a custom response in the Eufy app.

Then you can trigger that from a Homey flow

@Tiwas a Nice!
Just wanted to point you to the share part :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Martin.
Thx for your quick reply :slight_smile:
Can you let me know the steps?
What i did was :
Eufy app, i made a custom quick response.
Then in homey app i made flow where , when motion or / person detects , then send quick response number 1.
But it doesnt seem to work. Any ideas what im setting up wrong or forgetting to add?

Hey @PanagiotisManolis it should work actually.
You can send me a diagnostic report if you want. Then I’ll check if something is wrong.

Report you can send via:

More → apps → Eufy Security → settings wheel right top → send diagnostic report

Just did.
The code is a78a225d-2a5e-42cb-b6de-7339162b78d4, titled welcome message

Thanks!
As far as I see your account login is not correct. It gives a unauthorized error.
Can you try to login again on the app?
Because the quickresponses should be fetched from the API. But it can’t reach the API.

If that’s not possible it might be that Eufy locked you out for a while due to too many retries. (i’m working on a fix for that)

Are you sure?
I am logged in eufy ( master account ) as nornal, and im logged in Homey also. Plus in homey the other cameras seem to show fine. As well as doorbell it updates the screenshot taken as last in homey. So that means i am logged in?

Just tried logging in again. Tried the test flows but couldnt here a welcome message.
Did again the code and is 63929d88-b468-479a-904b-d44bb5d9f2a1

@PanagiotisManolis make sure to use a extra account as explained in the app description here: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security (section: account information

The Homey app uses 3 ways of fetching and sending data:

• P2P to control cameras. This is a local connection
  • API: To fetch data from the cloud (uses your login)
  • Notifications: To retrieve images/events from your camera/doorbell

So the initial login went fine, after that the P2P and notifcations started, but the API seems unreachable.

@PanagiotisManolis Sorry I see you’re already using a extra account.
Can you try restarting the app and see if that changes anything?

Hey Martin.
Top man u r:)
I logged in eufy with the secondary account since ivent after i added doorbell in the system. I also did a restart of the app in homey. And now it works just fine :slight_smile: owe you some beers when ur in cyprus

@PanagiotisManolis Awesome! :tada:
Haha one day maybe :stuck_out_tongue: