[APP][Pro] Tesla Smart Charger

Couldn’t see any such options for conditions? And please don’t rule out the possibility that I’ve misunderstood :slight_smile:

Use a logic card, e.g:

Skjermbilde 2021-03-25 kl. 11.44.04

If you need the value to be “fresh”, use a condition from the Tesla app before the logic condition. The condition will update the value of the token:

V. 1.3.0 is ready for testing, with

• Added support for Homelink
  • Added support for ideal battery range

Please test :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see your point, a few hickups:

• The Solaredge api only allows a limited amount of connections, so the app only updates every +/- 15 minutes.
    So somebody has to develop a new app based on a local connection (modbus tcp…) which updates every few seconds.

Hi Pieter, I can live with 15 minutes interval (as the net loss will be limited vs the “perfect” measurement situation)

I can help test, only problem is I am currently traveling for work and I will not be back home until the 9th of April to conduct any tests.

But if no one else can do some testing until then I will be happy to bash it out when that time comes :slight_smile:

And sorry for the n00b question, but where can I find those action cards? Do I need to install another app for that?

Thanks for the quick work!

No worries. The new action cards are in the newest test version v. 1.3.0. You can install test versions from this link:

Ahh yes, I was looking for the update in the normal App Store. Downloaded the version now and will see if I can find time to do a quick test from my office a bit later when the car gets home.

In regards to my question about where to find the action cards it was more in reference to my previous questions about how to set locations. I am still trying to find that out so any help there would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

I’ve now conducted a test with the following flow and can confirm that it worked as expected. To wifeys great surprise the garage door both opened and closed. :laughing:

:+1:

1 Like

Hi,

I have an issue where my car is not charging when in “Automatic” mode. Now it’s 3 nights without any charging.

I also have a flow starting the A/C in the morning, and another turning it off after X amount of time. The off part does not work. I tried adding some other cards to the off flow(like honking the horn) and these work, but the A/C stays on.

On flow:

Off flow(looks wierd):

Hi Balmli, can you have a look at this request and adapt your code to make this possible ? Thx

Hi Hugo,

So you need the Tesla app to control the charging current? I don’t think the Tesla API supports that, but you can have a look yourself here:

https://tesla-api.timdorr.com/vehicle/commands/charging

BTW, the charge power is currently available as a capability: measure_power.

Hi Balmli,
yes indeed, steering the Tesla charging current would make it possible to keep the total home energy consumption below the maximum available sunpower at all time.
As this charging setting is a manual adaptable parameter on the screen of the car, it should be accessible . Or maybe it is the wall charger setting that is modified by the car, so it is in there to be found ? How can we find out (I’m not a programmer at all)?

Another possible solution would be to limit the current passing through the circuit breaker to the wall charger. So, this should be a smart circuit breaker version. Do you have any idea if this exists, and if yes : can it be steered by Homey ?
In this case, any wall charger could then be used to charge any vehicle (not just Tesla), making it an even better, universal solution .

Note : I also have an Opel Corsa-e that cannot steer the charging current by itself (always take maximum) so this would help for this situation as well.
I’ll be glad to test if somebody can help with programming preparation & guiding of the flows setup needed…

Hugo

Changed my Tesla with a new one and I can’t add it. “Auth code invalid”
App 1.3.0 Homey 6.1.0
@balmli is it possible they changed something in their API? Cheers

@danone Yes, there seems to be some sort of error now. Will have a look at it.

2 Likes

Yes, seems to be some change.

Yes, you’re right. And a case sensitive captcha.

Logged out and when trying to log in I get this. Is there a way to log back in?

See two posts above the reason why.

I certainly read that, but I only bought my Homey Pro in June and did my first logon to Tesla around June 25th. I noticed that these problems occurred at the end of May.