Bose Soundtouch

I got it. It is working nicely. Thank you.

On another note, is there a way to create a flow where the Bose ST would start and play a specific song or playlist being pushed from Spotify, Amazon or Apple Music services?

I have looked into developing this, because I was interested in this myself, but that is extremely complex with how Bose implemented that API so it would require an aditional spotify lookup service to figure out the ID’s of songs/playlists etc. before it can be passed on to the soundtouch speakers. Since this wasn’t my primary purpose of this app I’m not going to spend time on developing this. If you really need this functionality you should install the spotify connect app from Athom and pair your speakers through that app aswell.

Unfortunately the latest update has made this app unusable - I had no issues before having all my Bose devices connected (albeit having to give them mapped IP’s on my router to stop them disconnecting) However now my SA5’s can’t be used, the SoundTouch Links or my Bose Home Theatre system is not discovered and there seems to be no way of manually adding them, so all I am left with out of 8 devices is one Soundtouch 10 that can connect, hopefully these are just teething issues and can be sorted. Currently 80% of my music flows are broken :frowning:

Hi Nigel, that’s really unfortunate.
Can you give me the results of the soundtouch devices that no longer function using the following tool?
https://hobbyistsoftware.com/bonjourbrowser

Once I have your results I can update the discovery process of the app.
I don’t own the SA5, soundtouch link or Bose Home Theatre devices so unfortunately I wasn’t able to test these. Therefor I left the app in beta for over 2 months to verify if everything was okay and assumed I would hear feedback of beta users if things were broken but apparently all 30 beta users don’t own these devices. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

No problems, apologies if my last post was a bit negative I’d not had a good day with flows I was setting up and then Homey updated the app and it stopped lots working! Happy to help with the bonjour tool, will get on it ASAP, didn’t see the beta thread until the app stopped working or I’d have been happy to help. Hopefully we can get it sorted though. Have a good Christmas! PS the SoundTouch 10 works excellent and is more responsive, easier to connect and a nice icon! :+1:t2:

I also have the problem that my soundtouch adapters cannot en found;-( these are the bonjour names :
Bose-SM2-[macaddress]
Thanks for help

Hi Jacques, thanks for your help.

Can you tell me what the value is of the bonjour tool under the Model variable when you click on the device? This is what the Homey app uses to determine if it deals with the correct soundtouch device.

Thanks for your fast answer.
MODEL = SoundTouch
Seems pretty standard I guess? :wink:

Btw Homey reports during installing then”No more devices found” they were attached before the new App and I just removed them when I noticed they do not work anymore (only showing the device loading indicator). I had to remove the Soundtouch App to delete them. After that I also rebooted Homey. Any chance they are still in the system ?

1 Like

Oh I’m mistaken, the bonjour tool is not needed.
Sorry, it was a long time ago since I programmed this.

What I actually need is the following:
navigate in your webbrowser to:
IPOFSOUNDTOUCHDEVICETHATISBROKEN:8090/info

and please post the result. Mine looks like this:

<info deviceID="XXXXXXXXXXXXX">
    <name>Eetkamer Soundtouch</name>
    <type>SoundTouch 30</type>

etc.

Homey checks for every bonjour device it finds of the model type SoundTouch what the type is of the device by making an aditional request before showing it in the pair list.

Okay I have a bit more, but anyway, below are the two full strings (for the two soundtouch devices) responding to the info command:

{“info”:{"":{"deviceID":"50658347CA74"},"name":["SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter"],"type":["SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter"],"margeAccountUUID":["5898267"],"components":[{"component":[{"componentCategory":["SCM"],"softwareVersion":["23.0.12.45970.3619258 epdbuild.trunk.hepdswbld04.2019-11-19T08:58:45"],"serialNumber":["U6240017802767121000010"]},{"componentCategory":["PackagedProduct"],"serialNumber":["074458F62440086AE"]}]}],"margeURL":["https://streaming.bose.com"],"networkInfo":[{"":{“type”:“SCM”},“macAddress”:[“50658347CA74”],“ipAddress”:[“192.168.1.11”]},{"$":{“type”:“SMSC”},“macAddress”:[“F0C77F5E7EAE”],“ipAddress”:[“192.168.1.11”]}],“moduleType”:[“sm2”],“variant”:[“binky”],“variantMode”:[“normal”],“countryCode”:[“GB”],“regionCode”:[“GB”]}}

{“info”:{"":{"deviceID":"F45EABFF06AF"},"name":["Teras Mikulas SoundTouch"],"type":["SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter"],"margeAccountUUID":["5898267"],"components":[{"component":[{"componentCategory":["SCM"],"softwareVersion":["23.0.12.45970.3619258 epdbuild.trunk.hepdswbld04.2019-11-19T08:58:45"],"serialNumber":["U6320070003767121000010"]},{"componentCategory":["PackagedProduct"],"serialNumber":["074458F63230349AE"]}]}],"margeURL":["https://streaming.bose.com"],"networkInfo":[{"":{“type”:“SCM”},“macAddress”:[“F45EABFF06AF”],“ipAddress”:[“192.168.1.13”]},{"$":{“type”:“SMSC”},“macAddress”:[“F45EAB940528”],“ipAddress”:[“192.168.1.13”]}],“moduleType”:[“sm2”],“variant”:[“binky”],“variantMode”:[“normal”],“countryCode”:[“GB”],“regionCode”:[“GB”]}}

Thank you, in the next update the soundtouch wireless link adapter should be discoverable.

Hi SlicingHaunt, will the SA5’s be discoverable as well in the next version? I’m new to the app so am tagging on @Nigel_Scott’s comment that it used to work with SA5 until recently.

Please see the output from the SA5 IP address as above:

KitchenSoundTouch SA-54654711SCM23.0.12.45970.3619258 epdbuild.trunk.hepdswbld04.2019-11-19T08:58:45U6314076501742279010110PackagedProduct069920Z63441006AEhttps://streaming.bose.comF45EAB2E6E3C192.168.0.37A81B6AB7D431192.168.0.37sm2burnsnormalGBGB

Let me know if you need anything else! :slight_smile:

The XML seems to be broken by the forum. Is the value that is between the <Type> tags SA-5 or is it SoundTouch SA-5 ?

This seems to be how it shows when I go to the address, in both Safari and Chrome :neutral_face:

I have the discovery tool but that doesn’t show much either. Do I need to access it differently?

Bose-SM2-a81b6ab7d431.local.
192.168.0.37:8090
DESCRIPTION=SoundTouch
MAC=F45EAB2E6E3C
MANUFACTURER=Bose Corporation
MODEL=SoundTouch

Hi together,

I have the same problem with the Bose soundtouch lifestyle and soundtouch portable. The homey app only support the soundtouch 10, so all flows with the others systems are not working … maybe there is a quick idea or solution from the forum ?

Thanks a lot, Malte

Hi, I was wondering if you are planning to bring an update that will solve an issue I’m facing. I have two SoundTouch devices that are not functioning anymore but worked fine the last 2 years. I prefer not to uninstall an reinstall as I have many flows (around 20).
Her a diagnostic report ID: 422c0650-8791-41fc-ae10-19a1baddc51d

1 Like

Ik heb hetzelfde probleem met mijn Bose Soundtouch 20. Bij het toevoegen van deze Soundtouch krijg ik alleen de medeling " Er zijn geen opnieuw apparaten gevonden". Er wordt na de laatste update niet meer gevraagd naar je IP adres.
Komt er nieuwe update waarmee ik de verbinding weer tot stand kan brengen?

1 Like

I have the same, did work fine last years, but now not anymore.

1 Like