Get a notification when the washingmachine is ready

THX Guy’s, i will try this and let you know.

hmmmm, stil struggling.

I am a bit confused because the examples follow each other in version.
Would it be possible to place a complete overview of the screenshot including the calculation of the flow costs?
I think that could be a nice summary of the excellent post for everyone.

Thanks!

Quick question.

See my flow for the dryer. The first try I had the flow without the ‘and’ card to check if the timer was already running. So, what happened was that the timer was started again every ten seconds since the TP-Link plug sends new info every 10 seconds. I fixed it with the card to check if the timer is already running, but is this the right way or is there a better way?

I was a bit surprised to see it not working the first time since I use timers in multiple flows and never even added the ‘and’ card to check if the timer was already running. For example to check with lux is if it’s dark or light outside (see flow below). Flows work perfectly. Am I lucky and should I have added it in all flows?

If u set the boolean at the correct flow like stated in the OP then there is no need to check for timer running. Must also say that the Countdown app used in the example in the OP is different then the timer app u are using so maybe there is a difference?

Ok, i wil check this.
Thx!

They both start a timer and stop a timer for this specific goal. So I assume that’s the same.

I know there are more ways to Rome (neither is correct or incorrect). I was just asking if this is normal behavior and that I indeed should have added the check for a timer that is running to make this (and all other flows I have created with timers) run successfully.

Can only say that the Countdown app is doing his job very well with the given examples in the OP m8. I cannot assume that other apps do the same job because i don’t use them. When putting the boolean to true/false in the correct places there is no need for a check for timers running because we check if booleans are true/false. In this case, with the given examples and given apps to use it is not normal that u need to check on running timers.

It’s not the app.

I have my reasons to choose another way to the same goal. For example: I want a notification when the dryer starts. If I use your flow I get that notification multiple times since you let the boolean change many times (possibly) and only after that you use the timer. I use the timer before the boolean change because of a slightly different implementation. So I’m not asking if this is normal in your flows. I’m asking for help with my flows and looking at the reasoning, if it’s the right way to check for running timers or that I should do it differently.

do it the way you learned bicycle riding :smiley:

i made a virtual device. And in the first flow:

I start the 2nd flow:

Then i made 2 other flows.

So when power goes up, “Flow 1” is started, sending the notification and disabled after 4 seconds. This way u get the notification only 1 time. In "Flow2 " u enable “Flow 1” again.

1 Like

That makes sense and is a good alternative with your setup of flows. Thanks. I’ll give that a try. :+1:

1 Like

Is it possible to get a timer that shows how long the dishwasher has run, preferably with a button in the Homey Dashboard?

Plugwise Plug is the best imho.

• 3650W max (which is also the Maximum for most EU sockets, 16Ax230V=3650W)
  • overvoltage prevention
  • 40 Euro
  • energymeasurement
  • Zigbee.
1 Like

Hello there, with these flows, I get the notification 2 hours later. Can anybody check the flow?
Flow 1

Flow 2

Flow 3

Thanks!

I see “stroommeter is veranderd” and “energie is veranderd” . Ur sure u did not mix up something there?

@Rocodamelshekima would it be possible you make a rampup of the complete set of flows with energy use an cost included? THX!!!

@Rocodamelshekima, thanks dude… Sometimes I wonder why I don’t see those things myself. I ll test it later. I ll be gone for this weekend.

Btw, sorry for the late response. I just got a new phone and didn’t get the notification for your answer

I just have a Homey four about two weeks and i have a couple of Ikea lights. And that is working.
Now i want to add the washingmachine flow.
Is the flow in the start complete or are there some thing what needs to be changed?
Thanks.

Flows are complete. Just read the first few posts and it’s all there

Thanks for the quick reply.
I give it a try.
(first i wil look why i don’t have a mesh network. Everything is connected directly with Homey and he is upstairs, routers are downstairs. 10 connected devices).